Chapter 37: Food Fights

The three Slytherins and Ginny talked, Draco glancing towards Harry's door every once in a while. Okay, so maybe it was every ten seconds, but at least he was being discreet!

"Draco, would you quit looking over to Harry's room every five seconds?" Maybe he wasn't being as discreet as he thought. 

"Shut up, Pansy." She rolled her eyes at him.

"That's the best you've got. Shut up, Pansy," she mimicked, making her voice high-pitched and squeaky.

"I do not sound like that!" Pansy giggled. It was quite funny, watching Draco get so angry.

"Whatever lover boy, just go to him, or quite staring longingly at his door. People will start thinking you're in love with it or something." Draco scowled, then stood up. He hesitated, before walking up to the door. He was about to open it when Luna beat him to it on the other side. He jumped back, giving a small yelp.

"Hello, Draco. I was just leaving."

"Good day to you, Lovegood. I'll just be on my way then." 

"Oh no, do stay. Harry absolutely adores your company, and you're rather good for him. And do call me Luna." He nodded, and she left, leaving Draco standing in the door frame, unsure of what to do.

"Well, are you coming in?" Draco's head turned towards the soft voice, and a smile was quickly forming on his face. He walked in, and shut the door behind him.

"How was it with Lovegood?"

"Quite nice, to be honest. It was refreshing to see a new face. And didn't she just tell you to call her Luna?"

"Yes, I suppose she did. Have you eaten today?" Despite everything that had been going on, Harry had continued eating, and could eat a lot more now. It was still considerably less than what would be considered an average meal, but he was getting better.

"Not yet, want to take a stroll to the kitchen with me?" Draco was shocked, to say the least. What had Luna done to convince him to leave?

"Um, yeah. Sure, let's go." He turned around, walking back to the door, stumbling over a leg of the coffee table. Draco flushed, embarrassed, and Harry gave a small, amused smile.

"Let me grab my cloak," he said, turning to rummage through his trunk.

"Wait, why?" Harry grabbed it from where it was carefully hidden underneath a pile of junk.

"What do you think?" he said, throwing the cloak over his body, seemingly vanishing. "If I just walk out of here after weeks, it'd be hours before we even left the common room." Draco nodded in agreement, and then opened the door to leave. Once he was sure Harry had followed, he softly closed it behind him.

"You missed Hermione, by the way. She left about a half an hour ago," the blond muttered as they walked down the hall. Harry was silent, and he couldn't tell if he was upset, or if it was because they were getting closer to other people.

"Back already, Malfoy?" Ginny asked, raising an eyebrow. Everyone else dropped their conversation to look at him, though Luna seemed to be looking next to him rather than at him.

"Harry wanted to be alone for a little while. I think I'm going to go for a walk, I'll see you guys later." And with that he walked out of the portrait door, sighing in relief as he leaned against a wall. Not even seconds later he felt something tugging on his hand, dragging him forward. He freaked for a second, and, remembering it was Harry, let him drag him up to the kitchens.

When they got to the portrait, Draco tickled the pear, and they walked in. Harry removed the cloak, and Draco stared at him. Not for any particular reason, just to stare at him. Harry was saying something, but Draco couldn't hear him. How had he never realized Harry was this beautiful? And then Harry looked up, and met his eyes, and they were so green. Draco forgot how to breathe, and all he could do was look into the emerald eyes, and Merlin, he was in love. It wasn't just some silly crush anymore. He was officially in love with Harry Potter.

"Draco, are you alright?"

"I-I...let's just go eat." Harry shrugged, and called for a house-elf.

"Kreacher!" And then there was a house-elf in front of them. 

"Master Harry, what can Kreacher do for you?"

"Um, we'd like some lunch, if you don't mind."

"Of course, Master. Kreacher is happy to serve you and your friend." He disappeared, and was back just seconds later with food in his hands. Harry walked over to a table in the back of the room, Draco following. They sat down, and Kreacher set the food on the table, then left.

"I didn't know you had a house-elf," Draco said as he got a plate for himself.

"He was Sirius's, before I got him. Oh, he was dreadful, but I wasn't allowed to set him free, he knew too much. Turns out, all I had to do was give him a fake horcrux for him to start being decent." Draco nodded, and the two began their meals. Harry had finished before Draco, and started making a mini snowman out of mashed potatoes.

"What are you doing?" Draco asked, his eyes glinting with curiosity.

"Making a snowman."

"What are you, five? And I'm pretty sure it would be a potato man, since he's not made of snow."

"Sod off, let me make my snowman."

"Potato man," Draco corrected. Harry rolled his eyes, and went to start on the head. When he was finished, Harry admired his work proudly. Draco looked up, and stared at it, before saying, "That looks dreadful, the head's not even on straight."

"Like you could do any better."

"Watch me." And then Draco was making a potato man of his own, which was indeed much better than Harry's. Harry thought so too, though he would never admit it. "See, it's loads better." Harry looked at it, then took his fork, and ate half of it.

"Hey!" So Draco grabbed Harry's potato man, and shoved it in the other boy's face. And then it was war, and food was flying everywhere. House-elves were scrambling to get out of the way, instead cowering in a far corner of the room, huddled together. Draco was covered in all sorts of food, but he couldn't care less. And then he was dumping a pitcher of pumpkin juice on Harry's head, and Harry was laughing again, a sound he hadn't heard in weeks. 

Draco Malfoy was hopelessly in love.

--------------------------------

A/N: Hello beautifuls! This chapter just...I had a lot of fun writing it, that's for sure.