Chapter 9: Friends, Acquaintances, and Enemies

Hermione and Pansy walked into their shared dorm room. It was quite big, for only having two people in it. There were two beds on either side of the room, and couch in the middle, with a coffee table in front. There was another door, that Hermione assumed led to the bathroom. All in all, it was a pretty sweet dorm.

Hermione glanced nervously at Pansy. She didn't want Pansy getting mad because they had to share a dorm or anything like that. But Pansy didn't seem to mind. Hermione let out a breath of relief, and went to sit on her bed. The material was a crimson red, and it was remarkably soft. Pansy's bed was the same, but the color was a dark, emerald green instead.

It was obvious to both, that the best way to make this work, was to become friends. Or, acquaintances at least. Evidently, Hermione started up a conversation.

"So, Parkinson, how are you?" Pansy looked up from her trunk, which she had been rummaging through, and took a seat on her bed so she was facing Hermione.

"I've been doing alright, thanks. And, if we're going to be sharing a dorm, I think first names will do." Hermione nodded, and smiled.

"Ok then Pansy," Pansy grinned at the sound of her name.

"Great, Hermione."

----------------------------

Ron groaned as he made his way to his dorm, that he was now sharing with Zabini. 'How come Harry gets a room with Neville, while Hermione and I are stuck with the rotting Slytherins?' he thought to himself. 

He took a deep breath, and opened the door. Zabini was already there, laying on top of his bed, reading a book. Ron muttered under his breath as he made his was to his bed. Zabini looked up at him, scoffed, and went back to his book. Ron ignored him, and left their dorm to go find Harry and Neville.

--------------------------

Harry and Neville made it to their dorm, before they burst out laughing. They laughed until they got stomach cramps and they had tears in their eyes. When they had finally stopped, Harry and Neville checked out the room. 

They talked until there was a loud knock at the door. Harry opened it, and Ron burst in, looking furious. That only made Harry and Neville laugh again. Harry closed the door, while Ron took a seat on the coach.

"Is something wrong?" Harry asked innocently.

"You know bloody well what's wrong Harry," Ron grumbled.

"Do I? Oh, did you lose the bonnet to your dress robes?" 

"Haha," Ron said dryly. "What am I supposed to do? My roommate is Zabini, Harry. Zabini." Harry rolled his eyes, and gave another chuckle.

"Ron, stop overreacting. Now go back to your dorm." Harry shoved a complaining Ron out of the room, and closed the door before he and Neville started laughing again. They stopped when they heard a muffled voice on the other side of the door.

"I can hear you!" Ron shouted, which made them laugh harder. Harry liked laughing again, it felt good.

-----------------------------

Draco made his way to his new dorm with Theo. He was relieved to have gotten a door with a friend, seeing as Blaise and Pansy were stuck with the Gryffindorks. 

The day had been so crazy, he'd almost forgotten about his...truce? Can you even call it that? Sure they weren't going around hexing each other and throwing insults, but he was pretty sure that just meant they weren't going to bother with each other all year. Draco sighed, and went to his trunk. No specific reason, he just wanted something to do. 

He stopped, and looked up when he heard a series of laughter from the room next door. He snorted, then pulled out a book to read. Theo was already asleep on his bed, snoring softly. That man really did love his sleep. Draco sat down on the couch, and read, laughter starting again in the room next door. 

----------------------------

Dean and Seamus sat down on the couch, Seamus's head resting in Dean's lap. Seamus closed his eyes, while Dean played with his hair. 

"So," Dean said, "how are we gonna get Harry and Draco together?"

"I'm not sure," Seamus responded, eyes still closed. "We could lock them in a room together, maybe play truth or dare. Then there's always spin the bottle, but that's not a guarantee unless we charm the bottle or something. There's that love potion thing, that smells like the stuff your attracted to, but I don't even know if Slughorn's doing that this year."

"Well, those are all good. We'll figure something out. We've got time." Dean kissed Seamus's forehead. "Get some sleep, Shay."

"Alright," he said, before drifting of into a deep sleep.

---------------------------

A/N: Ok, I'm not really sure what this chapter was. Well, whatever, hope you liked it. It's a bit shorter than normal, but I figured this was a good place to stop. Anyway, as usual, have a spectacular day!