I was going to have to take that title soon.

We were going to have to take that title.

"I think that's what I'm going to be discussing with our parents later today," I responded.

We had agreed to have a little conversation about what our future held from here, and what steps we were going to have to take to get there.

The conversation with just my father alone would come later.

"How long do you think they'll give you before they want you married?" He asked.

I looked back at the three of them.

Before Khloe could handle the new power of being a royal, she first had to master just being a vampire.

Which I hope my parents understood.

I knew she was a fast learner, but I also didn't want this to be something that she tried to rush.

I didn't want to place an extreme deadline on her that would only stress her out.

"I don't know. I'm hoping for at least a handful of months, maybe a year."

The whole marriage thing wasn't the problem.

I'd marry her right now if certain things didn't happen once we were wed under the vampiric principles.

Once that process was complete, the physical and biological change in our bodies to make us into full royals would begin.

Khloe and I both knew this, so I don't think it was on our minds as something that was going to happen immediately.

And the reality was, I hadn't even formally asked her yet.

Either way, I was completely fine with just having her as I did now.

Xander accepted my answer, returning our attention to the three.

We tuned in to something about Doe complaining that Khloe was now taller than her, but Marcus still had about an inch on her.

He laughed almost nervously as Khloe turned her attention to him, taking a second to finally ask if he was okay.

I never got to hear his side of the story, but I can only assume it wasn't great.

Knowing the circumstance he'd been in through this entire thing, and knowing how he thinks, he probably blamed himself every second that he thought she was dead.

We were alike in that aspect.

He answered reassuringly, but I caught a hint of a lie within it.

God this poor kid.

Hopefully what I was about to tell him would make him feel better.

I waited until their conversation shifted before pushing myself from the wall.

"Marcus," I called to him.

He physically stiffened as I spoke his name, a quick look of worry flashing across his face.

I motioned for him to come over here, excusing himself from the girls as he did.

Xander just watched as the boy approached us, his head held a bit low just like when I first got told about his situation.

Did he think I was about to yell at him or something?

He must have because as soon as he was close, he began hurriedly speaking.

"I'm so sorry Nico. I know you trusted me to watch her and I let you down, even if it all worked out I just feel terrible for-"

He stopped, eyes going wide as I pulled a large envelope from my inside jacket pocket and held it out to him.