Chapter 48

Khloe's POV:

I left Nico laying face down on the bed while I gathered up what I needed.

He had already set up a towel underneath him if I were to get paint anywhere.

I told him that there would be less worry about that if we did this on the floor, but he insisted that we do it on the bed

And his shirt... well that was long gone.

Clipping my ring to my necklace to avoid getting any paint on it, I began to look over what I had, and what I needed in order to pull off the picture I had in mind.

Grabbing the few brushes I'd need, I then grabbed the black, blue, red, yellow, and white. I figured that would be all I needed.

Nico already held the cup of water that I would need, telling me hed be more than happy to do so during the entirety of the process.

He eyed me as I walked back to the bed and strategically hopped up onto it without setting my full hands onto it.

"Am I allowed to know what you'll be putting on me yet?" he asked, laying his head on his arms as I straddled his lower back.

I shook my head, setting the brushes onto the towel at his side before I began twisting the caps off of my paint.

"Nope," I said, tracing his hair off of his shoulders, since I was gonna use them for my palette, "I want it to be a surprise."

He accepted that rather quickly, showing even more that he was just happy to be a part of this.

Although, I really did hope that he was going to like the scene I had in mind.

I trailed my eyes down his unfairly perfectly sculpted back, eyes furrowing at the red lines that still sat on his skin even four-ish days later.

Nico told me that he was going to let those heal 'naturally'. Whether it was to tease me or that he was actually really into them, I wasn't really sure.

"Can you uh... heal these real quick?" I asked, growing quieter from embarrassment as the sentence went on.

I caught his cocky look meet my eye, his smirk just barely being hidden from the way he was laying.

"Because they'll be in the way or because you're embarrassed?"

"Both?" I answered honestly.

He hummed lowly, seemingly thinking it over.

"I don't know," He started, his voice already trailing with trouble, "I've grown quite attached to them. You're going to have to give me some more incentive."

My brows furrowed at this game he decided to play.

Then somehow, my next words managed to pass my lips without passing my brain.

"I'll be more than willing to give you more in the near future."

I had to stop myself from looking surprised at my own words to add more effect.

Nico, on the other hand, looked surprised for both of us for just a few seconds.

I guess neither of us was expecting me to say that.

"You have yourself a deal there, sweetheart." spoke cheekily. 

I was about to return, but quickly got distracted by the sight of every mark on his skin slowly fading away from the bottom of each line to the top.

You couldn't even tell that anything was there, to begin with.

In all honesty, the sight was kind of mesmerizing.