𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮

𝟮 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦

𝟮 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦. 𝟮 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦 since I've last been in the small city of Forks. The last time I was here, it was for my goodbye party at La push beach with my dad and my friends out on the reservation.

Coming back here now I felt kind of guilty. That last night it wasn't goodbye, see you in a few years, it was goodbye see you I'm a few months or see you at Christmas. No one was prepared for me to go away for 2 years. Yeah, I kept in touch with every single person I loved and cared about, and I invited them to as many shows as I could based on their schedules, and did everything to not lose the part of me that was a normal teenager.

As good as phone calls, video chats, and pictures in the mail were, it wasn't the same as being with them. I had the best experiences these past two years. I explored new places, discovered more about myself, made a lot of friends, met a lot of people, fell in love...I did it all.

I lived my dream life.

Now it's over, I need to be here. I belong here.

The plane met with the ground finally coming to a stop after my long flight from Italy. Ash stood grabbing my backpack which I quickly took from him, "You're my bodyguard Ash, not my maid. I can hold it." I told him with a soft smile. Although Ash was hired to keep me safe he does so much more. He makes sure the studio booth is arranged the way I like, he makes sure hotels don't tuck my sheets all the way in knowing I hate the struggle of being cold because I can't get the sheets up, he makes sure I'm always fed. He's like my on-the-road dad.

I never asked him to do any of it, I always tell him it's not necessary, but he doesn't seem to care.

Ash and I exited our plane and went off to get our bags.

After much arguing, Mike said I could have time off only if I took Ash. It didn't matter how much explaining I went through to tell him I don't need protection in a small town, but it seemed to not stick into his head.

It's a small town. There is literally nothing I need protection from besides low-grade criminals, who might try stealing my purse on my walk home, Not to mention my dad is the Chief of police, I'm sure I'd be fine.

"I can protect myself, you know?" I told Ash as we walked through the airport, "Mm-hmm." He hummed, not really believing anything I was saying. I am perfectly capable of keeping my own self safe, "I am! Remember the time I punched the paparazzi guy." My face lit up thinking about that night J and I were bombarded with paparazzi and one got a little too close.

He stopped and gave me a look, "You raised your arm pointing at street dancers across the street and he accidentally got hit." Ash pointed out some irrelevant details in my story. All I know is he ended up with a broken nose, that I bought him ice cream to apologize for. The point is my hands did it to him.

I crossed my arms with a slight pout. "Oh, I know this great diner in town we can-," I was cut off by Ash pulling me closer to him, "Head down, keep walking." He told me, dragging me through the airport to get to the exit. I could hear the clicks and whispers around me but just decided to ignore them.