"Because you're the American Reject!" she said.

"What's with this name American Reject?" I asked still not fully understanding this nickname.

"Because you came here from America and you've been winning competitions all over Sydney and the East Coast, like you had to go somewhere else to make a name for yourself. Everyone in the gymnastics world knows about you!" she explained to me. "Oh and lets not forget that your dating Michael Clifford from 5 Seconds of Summer."

"How do you know that?" I asked her confused to how she could possibly know about me and Michael.

"Everyone knows about it, it's all over social media." She showed me her phone.

"Right I forgot about the pap's and stuff." I chuckled becoming a little embarrassed that I forgot. "Look, I'm just another person who loves gymnastics and happens to be dating someone famous." I told her. "There's nothing special about me."

She was about to say something else to counter argue but the line started moving so we had to walk out so they could introduce all the gymnasts. Standing on the floor exercise mat in the center of the arena all of us stood shoulder to shoulder waiting for our name to be called where we would have to step forward and walk to everyone in the stands.

"Lauren Jacobs." The announcer said into the microphone and my name echoed in the arena. As soon as my name was announced a distinct roar came from the stands as people started cheering. I took the step forward and started waving make a full 180 degree turn in order to wave to every side of the arena. I tried looking for my family but it was hard to spot anyone you recognize in the huge crowd of people.

"Yeah there's nothing special about you." Grace laughed as I took my spot back.

"Grace Johnson." The announcer said and Grace did the same thing I did and people clapped for her too. After that was all over we were directed to stand back in the hallway we were in before. I started talking to Grace more waiting for further instruction and for all of our coaches & trainers to find us.

"Well. Well. Well. Look what the cat dragged in." Another voice came from behind me, turning around I became face to face with Mia. God can't his girl leave me alone? I thought to myself.

"Oh and look the loser found another loser to talk to. What's wrong Lauren? Got tired of hanging out with your other loser friends?" she said pretending to look like she was trying to show sympathy.

"Oh and where are your stuck up bitches you call your friends Mia? Did they finally realize how terrible you are and leave you?" I said mocking the same tone she talked to me and giving her the same look she gave me as well. And she became infuriated.

"How did you even get in here anyway? Only Australian citizens can try out." She snapped.

"Oh did you not hear? I am an Australian citizen, since Saturday in fact." I told her and she became even more pissed off.

"Look you little wanna be bitch I've worked too hard to get here only to let someone like you take it away from me!" she yelled in my face.

"That's enough, break it up here." Brendan said separating the two of us. "Mia, go back over to Jill." He told her. Mia was going to say something else but Brendan cut her off.

"Go." He boomed pointing back over to where she should be and Mia stomped her foot and pouted away.

"Well that wasn't awkward." Grace said sarcastically.

"She never stops!" I told her. "That's what I have to deal with!"

"I understand." Grace commented and Brendan and I looked a little confused.

"How?" I asked her.

"She's my cousin." Grace told us emotionless.

"I am so sorry." I told her and she started laughing.

"Thanks."

"Alright gymnasts!" someone called out to get all of our attentions. "Today's event is vault. You were all put into groups, so everyone in group A please follow me!" and girls who were in group A started walking back into the arena. I was in group D so I had a while.

"Lauren I want you to take this time to stretch and get loose okay?" Brendan directed me and I shook my head.

***

"Next on vault, Lauren Jacobs." My named boomed through the arena.

My third and final run on vault for the day; make it a good one, I told myself.

Standing at the end of the runway, I looked down to the vault at the other end, and blocked out all the surrounding noises in the arena. I could hear no one, no cheering or anything, nothing but waiting for the buzzer to go off that I could begin at any time. Taking deep breaths I had my eyes closed, then with the sound of the buzzer going off, my eye lids shot open and I started running down the runway.

Sprinting down to the vault, I could feel my feet connect with the box springs and push off the vault to flip in the air and stick the landing. The pitch erupted in cheers and screams. Walking off of the platform and Brendan greeted me with a big hug. Standing there we watched the score board waiting for my score to come up. Based on what I did the max score I could get is a 16.500 so when my score finally came up and I got a 15.233 I was not complaining at all.

"That's how it's done!" Brendan cheered. "Keep it up like that and you'll be in for sure!"