6

11.01, Unknown location

Niall disappears into the music room after their long breakfast and they can hear him playing the guitar and humming along. They clear the table in the meantime.

As soon as they're done they join Niall. He looks up as they enter the room and smiles before he starts to sing while playing the guitar.
"I figured it out
I figured it out from black and white
Seconds and hours
Maybe they had to take some time"

Liam takes over and walks up to Niall and sits beside him.
"I know how it goes
I know how it goes for wrong and right
Silence and sound
Did they ever hold each other
Tight like us?
Did they ever fight like us?"

Harry shakes his head in amusement but he sings the chorus while his eyes flicker in Louis' direction.
"You & I
We don't want to be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between
You & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between
You & I
Oh, you & I"

Zayn takes a seat as well and continues the song.
"I figured it out
Saw the mistakes of up and down
Meet in the middle
There's always room for common ground"

Louis rolls his eyes but he sings his part nevertheless and sits down next to Liam.
"I see what it's like
I see what it's like for day and night
Never together
'Cause they see things in a different light
Like us
They never tried like us"

Harry sings the chorus again and this time he can't help it. He stares directly and Louis and to his surprise, he looks right back at him.
"You & I
We don't want to be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between
You & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us"

Louis sighs and looks away at last. They were fools back then thinking that they would be together forever.

Everybody stares at Zayn and smiles happily when he hits his high notes.
"Cause you & I"

Liam puts his arms around Nialls and Louis' shoulders and the boys follow his action and they sing the chorus together one last time with their arms around each other. 
"We don't want to be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between you & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between
You & I"

Zayn smiles while he sings.
"You & I"

Harry smiles at him and totally misses Louis's glare. 
"Oh, you & I
Oh, you & I"

Zayn sings to Harry and Louis glares at him instead.
"We can make it if we try
You & I"

Harry finishes the song and looks over at Louis. He seems angry.
"Oh, you & I
You & I"

"That sounded great guys! We still got it." Niall beams.

Louis gets up and hurries out of the room. They stare at him in surprise until he's gone and they hear his bedroom door slam shut.
"What's going on? Why is Louis mad?" Zayn asks.

Niall looks at Harry.
"I think I have an idea. He's jealous."

"Why? Of what?" Harry asks, trying to keep the hopeful tone out of his voice and failing miserably.

"Of you and Zayn of course." Niall smirks.

"That's ridiculous." Zayn protests with a laugh.

"Yeah, I'll go talk to him." Harry smiles and almost runs out of the room.

He knocks softly at Louis' door.
"Lou?"

"Go away Haz." Louis huffs.

Harry opens the door wide open.
"What's going on Lou?"

Louis walks up to the door and gives Harry a pensive stare.
"I know we're over but that doesn't mean that I enjoy seeing you flirt with someone else!" Louis growls and tries to close the door.

Harry steps in the way.
"Louis! Stop it! I wasn't flirting with Zayn! He has Gigi and the baby. We're just friends. He's straight! How many reasons do I have to list? You have nothing to be jealous over." 

Louis snorts and crosses his arms over his chest.
"He tried to kiss you once."

"Honestly Lou, get over it. It was years ago and he was high, so were you. I didn't kiss him back remember? He was acting out, trying to self-destruct. You know how bad it was, he was in such a bad shape back then. Forgive him." Harry says with a sigh and backs out of the room. Louis slams the door behind him.

Harry returns to the music room where the rest of the guys are jamming.
"How did it go?" Niall immediately asks.

"Not good. He, ehm, is still holding a grudge against...ehm, let's just say that the thought of us flirting brought back some unpleasant memories from the past." Harry says and looks at Zayn.

Zayn sighs.
"Right."

"Zayn, talk to him." Niall encourages.

"I don't think he would hear me out." Zayn mutters.

"It's worth a try at least." Niall answers. 

Zayn sighs again but he gets up and walks towards the bedrooms. He hesitates before he knocks on Louis' door and opens it.
"Can we talk?"

"I have nothing to say to you." Louis snorts angrily.

"Then just listen, okay? I'm sorry Louis. I should have never tried to kiss Harry back then. I have no fucking idea why I even tried. I've never been interested in him, hell, I don't even like guys like that. I'm so sorry I did that to you, both of you. That I broke your trust like that. It was a really shitty move." Zayn says and stares at Louis who looks right back at him.

"Why did you then?" Louis asks.

"I needed a way out. If you all hated me it would be easier to leave, or so I thought. I wasn't thinking clearly. We were high all the time Louis. I didn't eat. My anxiety was getting the best of me. Our situation with our label and management was suffocating me. I'm so sorry." Zayn tries to explain emotionally.

Louis sighs and his features soften.
"I get it."

"Of course you do. It was hard on all of us but you and Harry went through hell. Can you forgive me for Harry and for leaving you all?" Zayn pleads.

"Okay. I'll try." Louis agrees after a moment of silence.

Zayn smiles and pulls him in for a hug.
"I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." Louis replies and hugs him back.

13.27, Serious Organized Crime Agency

Chris realizes that he's smiling like a fool watching Louis and Zayn reconcile. He really needs to find them but he's out of ideas. He picks up his phone to call James Corden to rule him out as a suspect. Five minutes later he can cross him off his list.

17.00, Unknown location

They sit down together to eat dinner after they spend most of the day in the music room together singing. Zayn and Louis joined them after their talk and after that, they just have fun jamming together.

They talk and they laugh throughout dinner. Louis and Zayn are friendlier with each other but there's still an awkward tension between Louis and Harry.

22.00, Unknown location

They say goodnight to each other and everyone goes to bed. They've spent two days in captivity but somehow they have managed to forget about the reason they're all together again for the first time in years.