chapter 1

I woke up and felt like my body was on fire. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a bright white light, my eyes were hazy but then I could see clear and saw that I was in a hospital room. I had an IV in my arm and a breathing tube up my nose. My brain caught up with me and I remembered everything. The accident. Rachel. Landon. I had to make sure they were alright. I would never forgive myself if something happened to them. I slowly sat up ignoring the pain in my ribs and tried to rip the IV out of my arm but a nurse came running in the room towards me.
Nurse: No sugar, you need to keep that in. *sits him back down*
Finn: My girlfriend, my baby are they alright?
Nurse: Rachel Berry and Landon Hudson?
Finn: Yes, yes. Please tell me I didnt kill them.
Nurse: There are very much alright. Rachel is having lunch and Landon is in the NICU.
Finn: Wait, Landon's where?
Nurse: Due to the stress on the baby we had to preform a C-section.
Finn: *panics* Will he be alright? Shes only 7 months pregnant.
Nurse: He's a little on the small side but he will be just fine.
Finn: What about Rachel?
Nurse: She has a nasty cut on her forhead but she is up and walking. Im more worried about you though sugar, you broke 3 ribs and slipped into a coma.
Finn: H-how long was I out?
Nurse: About 4 days.
Finn: *sighs* Rachel must have been devestated.
Nurse: She wouldnt leave your room. Only to feed Landon. Your brother had to force her to eat.
Finn: When can I see her?
Nurse: I will go down to the cafeteria and let her know you are awake, then I will go to the NICU and bring you your son.
Finn: *smiles* My sons here.
Nurse: Yes he is and he is the spitting image of you.
Finn: I want to see them as soon as possible.
Nurse: Absolutly. *leaves*
A smiles broke my face knowing my little boy was here, but then I was upset with myself because he wasnt ready. Rachel has to get her stomach cut open because of me. I almost killed two of the most important people in my life. I heard the door creak open and saw Rachels head poke in.
Finn: Hi baby.
Rachel: *tears fall* Finn... *runs over and hugs him* I thought I was going to loose you.
Finn: I dont give up that easy.
Rachel: *sobs* Im so happy your okay.
Finn: Im happy your okay. *lifts her shirt and traces the scar* I did this to you.
Rachel: *pulls her shirt down* This isnt your fault Finn.
Finn: I should of saw that truck.
Rachel: It could of happened to anyone.
Nurse: *walks in* I have someone who wants to see there daddy.
Finn: *sits up real quick and doesnt take his eyes of Landon*
The nurse gently laid Landon in my arms and I couldnt stop looking at him. He was so small for having my genes. I guess thats what happenes when hes born 2 months premature. The nurse was right, he was the spitting image of me. He has my nose, my lips, my face structure. I havent seen his eyes yet but Im pretty sure there my eyes color to. I cant help but to feel disapointed because he doesnt have Rachels adorable nose or his full pink lips. I looked over at Rachel to see her staring at me with our son and one thought flashes through my mind. Were finally a family.