Chapter 4: Sith Tricks

Myself, Obi-Wan, Rey, the two kids, and Han stalked closer to the edge of oncoming cliff face to meet our opponent. As we grew closer, I could distinguish two very familiar faces holding red blades.

"Dooku," I growled. My gut twisted furiously as I subconsciously squeezed my mechanical arm into a fist. The other was... Maul? I squinted. How the red skinned Dathomirian could possibly be here was beyond me. Last I checked, Ahsoka was on her way to handle him whilst Obi-Wan and I rescued the Chancellor.

The next four figures consisted of an unknown Sith in a pure black armored suit, two bounty hunters, and a shorter figure wearing a mask. They all held their weapons at the ready, and the Force rippled uncomfortably between us.

I snatched my lightsaber and ignited the blue blade, twirling it once around my wrist charging at Dooku with a vengeful snarl. The others

Obi-Wan went to Maul. "Ah, Skywalker! We meet again!" Dooku said idiotically. "Yep!" I confirmed. "And this time, you're not getting away!" We traded blows back and forth until I managed to push him back with the Force. I quickly scanned around to check on the others; Obi-Wan was doing fine with Maul, Han and the girl were arguing and taking on the bounty hunters, Rey was pushing the masked guy back, and the kid was struggling a bit with the other Sith.

Suddenly, Obi-Wan was thrown to the ground by Maul. "Master!" I yelled as Maul went for the kill. I was able to get there just in time to deflect his blade. Unfortunately, Dooku also decided now would be a great time to come after me again. Crap. I shoved Maul back and managed to block the old man's strike. Maul rushed at me with blinding speed, and I ducked and rolled beneath his feet. I got up just in time to slash him across the back, and he groaned and turned to face me once more, and I was not ready. The red blade came flying to my face just before a blue blade caught it inches from. "Well Anakin, looks like I have to save you once more."

"Really, I think it's more the other way around!" And with that, I threw the two Sith back with the Force. Maul hit his head hard on a rock and was instantly knocked out, while Dooku tumbled onto the ground. "Jedi fools!" He scoffed as he got up. Obi-Wan turned to me. "Anakin! I'll deal with Dooku, go help the other Jedi!"

"I'm on it!" I yelled back, heading towards the kid with the green saber. I was almost there when the armored figure threw him into a wall. "All too easy," I heard him say in a dark, metallic voice. I yelled out a battle cry and activated my lightsaber before he could move in for the kill. I leaped into the air and slammed my blade onto his. For a moment, he looked at me in shock. A shiver ran down my spine, and fear passed through me randomly. Why? I was never afraid in battle! But for whatever reason, this person made me very uncomfortable. Or was it even a person at all? "It can't be," I heard him mutter in his shocked state. Suddenly anger seemed to pass over him, and the figure took his lightsaber and and threw mine up with incredible strength. Unfortunately, he managed to slam the hilt of his into my chin on the way up. I stumbled and landed on my butt. He raised his blade to kill me, but I rolled away, bringing my lightsaber to my hand with the Force. We traded blows until locking in a blade-to-blade position. I glared into those cold eyes behind the mask. What a monster. Then, something strange happened. My brain began to get fuzzy, and it felt like someone was in my head, blackening my mood with terrible images:

You were my brother Anakin!

No! Stop!

What are we going to do?

I'm sorry sir, but it's time for you to leave.

I hate you!

I gasped in pain and fell, my vision fuzzy. My head felt as if it were exploding. It was like I knew I was on Geonosis still, but at the same time, I was in a place with lava, death, and unimaginable pain. It was horrible, my brain felt as if it were splitting in two. Darkness pulsed through my mind and invisible hands wrapped around my throat, until I could no longer see, or hear, anything. The galaxy suddenly started to rush by, until a green light filled my vision and the whole thing blew into oblivion. "No!" I screamed. "NOOOOOOO!" A voice suddenly cut through my vision. "Anakin!" My world slammed back into the present, and I saw the masked figure standing over me. Adrenaline rushed through my veins and I screamed, "What is this?! Some kind of a Sith trick?! Who are you?" The figure only laughed and moved closer.