She never made that same mistake twice.

Aliza grabbed her pouch in which she kept all her stationeries and fished out her favorite pen that Vincent gifted her on her 8th birthday.

She placed it in the pocket of her pants along with her phone and made her way outside.

Aliza kept glancing around to be sure that no one was anywhere near her. The advantages of the creepy house were that you could hear faint noises even if the rooms were spelled.

She stood in front of the storeroom and opened the door steadily, avoiding making any sound. She entered the room and closed the door behind her.

Aliza took her phone out and turned on the flashlight. The moonlight pouring through the huge window wasn't enough to help her see. She walked further in the room, each step cautious.

She placed her pen underneath the stack of papers lying near the window.

Aliza went through the papers that were scattered on the floor. Most of them were financial records and property papers that were centuries old. They were dusty and crinkled around the edges, the ink on them smudged to the point where one could barely read the entire thing.

She decided to go through the boxes. Nothing out of the ordinary, just lots of sketches.

A diary was what caught her attention. It was thick with leather cover, the pages were worn out.

Aliza thought if she should take this with her but then again this was something that wouldn't go unnoticed. She pulled the diary out, still careful not to make any sound.

When she opened it, her eyes were met with a picture.

A picture of another beautiful woman, strands of her black curly hair fell on her face, her skin smooth and she seemed to be wearing a gown. A name was written beneath.

Katherine, 1864

Aliza didn't waste her time examining the woman or reading the diary. She just clicked pictures with her phone of the woman and the first few pages of the diary. She placed it back in the box, making sure to cover it with the papers as it was before.

She decided that her investigation was enough for the night.

"What are you doing here?"

Aliza jolted right up, causing her to slip because she stepped on a sheet of paper. Grabbing the cardboard boxes for leverage, she fell on the ground with a loud thud and spilling the item in the boxes on herself.

"Holy crap." She groaned.

Elijah stood there dumbfounded.

Aliza waved her hand, "A little help would be appreciated?"

In an instant Elijah was by her side, helping her back on her feet. Aliza was now used to the whole super speed thingy that they did. She no longer found it amusing.

Just annoying.

"My apologies," Elijah said, "Do you need anything?"

Aliza snickered, "I'm fine."

"May I ask what are you doing here?"

"I was looking for my pen," She lied smoothly, and kept her eyes on the ground, as if she was searching for something, to avoid any sort of eye contact with Elijah. She wasn't sure but she didn't want to take any risk of being caught if he saw her pupils dilated.

"Your pen?"

"Yeah, my favorite pen. Uncle Vin gave it to me. Oh, look!" Aliza walked towards the window and bent forward to pull out the silver pen that was peeking from underneath the stacks of paper.