"Oh, right." She laughed. "Um, it's nice. Crowded."

"That's a good thing, darling. In business, it's important to have traffic." He explained.

She frowned at his response. He talked to her like she was an idiot. Like a child. And not in the sweet, supportive way James did. Loki spoke in a way that made her feel inadequate. She knew she was naive, but she wasn't dumb. Far from it. She was well educated in many, many subjects. Did he not realize that?

Feeling annoyed at his response, she slammed back the rest of her drink, cringing at the taste.

Loki's brows raised at her action, smirking. "So, it's that kind of night is it?"

"Yup." She forced a smile.

"Stay here. I'll go get another for you." He got up before she could respond, leaving her sitting alone at the booth.

She peeked over her shoulders, taking in the room around her. Everyone was so glamorous. So important. She saw a few faces she recognized as athletes and musicians, making her chew her lip nervously and look back down to her lap. Tapping her fingers while she waited for Loki to return. He walked up a minute later, holding two drinks in one hand and his in the other. "Figured I'd stock up since you seem to be quite thirsty." He winked.

Maggie chuckled, gladly accepting the two drinks from him. Drinking down the second, she could literally feel her worries melting away, spilling into the leftover drops in the bottom of the glass. She leaned into Loki's side, feeling more comfortable with him.

"So how do you know the owner?"

He took a sip from his tumbler. "He's an old friend. We studied business together at Oxford."

Her brows twisted together, jolting her head back. "I thought you majored in fine arts."

"Oh right," he snickered, rolling his yes "I meant fine arts, not business."

"Loki, did you really study art?"

He huffed out a breath. "No. I just said that to get you to come to lunch." He shrugged, not bothered by her clearly upset expression.

"What the hell?" She shook her head, grabbing her purse to leave. "I should go."

His hand reached out and gripped her wrist. "Margaret, stop. Please. I just wanted to get to know you and I thought if we had something in common, you'd give me a chance."

Settling back down, she nodded her head. It's not like he lied about being a murderer. She couldn't hold it over his head, knowing it was just to spend time with her. Sighing, she grabbed her third drink and chugged it down. "Okay. Let's have some fun." She smirked.

After Loki ordered them a round of shots, she was wasted. They made their way to the dance floor and joined the steamy hot crowd. His hands found her waist and pulled her in front of him. He short stature was writhing up against him, leaning back, letting him press kisses to her neck. Her head was spinning, but she did her best to keep her rhythm, enjoying the feeling of a man pressed against her back.

They danced for what felt like forever. Liquor filling her belly, making her brave, she spun around and pulled him into a kiss. It was sloppy and wet. She gripped the lapels of his suit, holding him down low enough to keep making out with him. His hands coasted over her curves, worshiping each one with a lingering touch.

He pulled back, shaking his head at her with a smile. "I need another drink." He grabbed her hand and walked her to the bar. She stumbled a few times in her heels, but kept up with his quick pace. He ordered another drink and sat down on one of the couches in the dim corners of the club.