"Yeah, no sweat." He laughed. "Um, my names Hunter." He grinned, reaching forward with his hand.

She took it in hers, shaking it lightly. "Nice to meet you Hunter." Smiling up at him. "So, I don't know if this is weird or anything, but can I buy you a drink? To thank you for returning my card?"

"Not weird at all." He grinned, taking a seat in the chair across from her.

She waved down the waiter and he ordered an IPA from a local brewery.

"So Margaret, can I ask why you're here alone?"

"Oh, you can call me Maggie." She corrected. "And I work just down the street. I've walked by this place about a hundred times, so when I got off early today, I figured I could just pop in. Why are you here alone?"

"I'm not. Those are my friends over there." He gestured behind himself to a group of people, talking and laughing loudly amongst themselves.

Maggie frowned. "Oh, I didn't mean to pull you away from them. You can go back over if you'd like."

"Nah, I'm with those goons all the time. You seem much more interesting." He flirted, tilting his glass bottle to his lips.

She chewed her lip through a smile, looking down at her lap.

"So, you mentioned you work down the street. What do you do?"

"I'm a curator at a gallery."

"Wow. Are you also an artist? I'm assuming those two generally go hand in hand."

"Yes, I am actually." She smiled. "I rarely have time to paint though, since I'm constantly working."

"Hm." He nodded, taking a swig of his ale. "Well, I hope you don't give up. I know how hard it can be trying to navigate the creative industry around here. I'm in a band and we're constantly hustling to find more gigs."

"So you're a musician?" Her eyes widened, sparkling back at him.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I'm the uh, I'm the drummer of the band."

They talked for a while longer, both of them ordering a couple more drinks and ending up sharing a serving of fries. Hunter's friends were long gone, having left without him after they got sick of waiting. Maggie was really enjoying her time with him. He was funny and kinda dorky, but in a good way. She almost felt her forgetting about James for a moment. Almost.

"Hey, I don't know if you have anything goin' on after this, but I was gonna head to a music store a few blocks down, if you'd care to join me. Theres a pretty rad art shop next door. Maybe we could pop in there too?"

Maggie let a big smile spread across her lips, giving a zealous nod.

They stepped out of the restaurant, into the soft afternoon sun. The sky was a perfect wash of purple and pink, fluffy clouds taking their sweet time moving across the colors. Cars raced by them on the sidewalk as they walked together. A slight ring of concerning sirens blared from behind them, echoing off the buildings. They paid it no mind, both of them well used to the city sounds, solely focused on the moment at hand.

The music shop was incredibly fascinating to Maggie. The wooden walls held a collection of guitars, while the floors were covered in a mass amount of instruments and gadgets she had never even heard of. Hunter explained all of them to her, patiently. Enjoying the clueless expression she wore each time he picked up a new item.

He rested his hand on her lower back as they walked through the shop. Keeping a tight hold on her figure as they weaved through the displays of products.