Chapter 14-

Kayden's POV

Sighing, I set down my art supplies and looked at the paper in front of me. Quickly picking up an eraser, I erased the small mistake on my art. After finally being satisfied with what I drew, I stood up but stopped, a huge migraine rushing into my head.

Somehow slowly going downstairs, I reach the bottom of the steps. Before rushing to the bathroom and puking my guts out, I hear my mom say, "Kayden what's wrong?"

Next thing I knew, I was sitting on the couch, a washcloth on my head and bucket at my feet.

"Sky! Cone here! He's waking up!" I heard Dad yell, relief laced in his voice.

"Hey buddy, how ya feeling?" I sit up and see Mom and Dad right in front of me, but Ember is nowhere to be seen.

"What happened and why can't I feel my hands?" I asked, trying my hardest not to barf.

"Kayden you..... well how do I put this? Um...."

"Kai just say it."

"Okay, okay. Kayden," his eyes locked with mine. "You've inherited your mom's elemental power"

"I did WHAT?!" I panicked but quickly stopped when I began feeling nauseous again.

"Woah, buddy, calm down. It's a lot cooler than you think!" Mom soothed me, "The element is called Amber. It lets you absorb 10% of any element you touch. For example, after Ember unlocks her true potential- which would make her the Master of Fire- then you can absorb 10% of her power, so you can use fire too."

"Oh." I said, the nausea fading, "Thats actually pretty cool."

"Told ya."

"Where's Ember?"

"She's at school right now oh and don't worry, she's bringing your schoolwork from today so you can do it here. Alright?"

"Oh okay. Thanks I guess."

"Now why don't you get some rest?" Dad inputted.

Agreeing, I laid back into the couch as my parents walked away. But I still had so many questions! As I thought through each one, I didn't even notice myself slowly drifting off to sleep....

Kelly's POV

"Wait wait wait- you mean to tell me that the best way for us to get revenge is to freakin GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL AS THEM?!"

"Andrew, calm down. It'll only be temporary. I have a plan. I always do." I said to my idiotic twin brother.

"Yeah I know but.... UGH. Isn't there ANY other way?" He asked, upset.

"Of course! But this way would hurt them the most. Besides, Mom always said I was the smart one."

"No, she said you thought you were soooooooo smart. And that one day you're luck would run out leaving your ego and strange plans in ruins.

Or something like that."

"Really? You couldn't have let me have that one moment?"

"Sorry."

We began to walk to the school.

Then we spotted it. And lemme tell ya, it was AWFUL. All cheery and happy, everyone was smiling, blah blah blah BARF. I was gonna BARF.

Somehow holding in the hurl, we walked into the school, only to be immediately greeted by sweaty jocks running by, what looked like the "popular" group sashaying behind them, and this one kid pushing past us as if he was in charge of the world.