Now, Adira was walking down the hall following ber magic while Logan followed her but still tried to look through every window in every room, openly disregarding the patient's privacy.

But no one could see them anyway, they were invisible, as of right now.

On the left side of the hall, there was a room with an opened door, laughing and crying sounds could be heard.

Adira knew this was the room.

Her shard was in there with these people, and she had to get it out while they were invisible.

Logan walked up to her side and she nodded slightly at him, to let him know that they were at the right place.

Quietly the two entered the room and froze when they heard what the people in front of them were saying.

Both Logan and Adira had not expected this.

Inside the room there was a boy, maybe 10 years old, in a hospital bed, two girls and one boy hugging him as their mother and grandparents watched with happy faces.

"Bazil, I knew you could do it! I knew you were gonna wake up! No stupid coma can take my little brother from me!"
The oldest girl smiled as she ruffled the hair of the boy in the bed.

Adira paled and Logan's eyes widened as she took his hand to show him what she saw.

Now they could both see the glowing shard of Adira's crystal in Bazil's forehead.

They didn't need an explanation, it was obvious what had happened.

The magic of the shard had woken the boy up from his coma.

If they took it, he would immediately die or, if they got lucky, end up in another coma.

"Of course, I was gonna wake up, Zoya! We're a strong family."
Bazil grinned proudly at his siblings.

"He's right. Amnah, Bilal, let him go, you're suffocating him."
A middle aged woman chuckled, the mother of the four children.

"Leave them be, Maryam, it's been so long since they could properly hug their brother, my favorite grandchild."
The oldest man in the room winked at Bazil and Maryam laughed at them.

"Now, now, Hassan, you know you shouldn't play favorites with our grandchildren. We love them all."
The grandmother spoke and lightly slapped Hassan's hand after he chuckled at her words.

"Oh, please, Rania, I've seen the way you coddle little Amnah. Don't be like your Grandma, kids, she's what we call a hypocrite."
He told his grandchildren as his wife gave an offended gasp and the other people in the room laughed at them.

They hadn't been this happy in a long time.

¤

Adira and Logan hadn't been this horrified in a week.

"This is a catastrophe!"
Logan exclaimed while gripping his hair tightly as he tried to think of a solution.

"We need that shard."
He added and looked at Adira who was pacing in front of him.

They were in the parking lot of the hospital, having fled the room after watching the happy family reunite with their member.

With a sigh Adira finally sat down next to him, straightening her skirt.

"If we take that shard he's going to die. Or at least fall back into a coma but death seems more likely."
The blonde sighed, her blue eyes darting around the parking lot nervously, looking for her protectors and grandparents, though none of them were to be seen.