Chapter Sixty Five

(Third person's perspective again. Practice makes perfect 🤷)

SITE: THE PENTAGON.
LOCATION: UNKNOWN.

Kimia Reynolds folded her arms as she stared at the guard.

" And why can't she enter?" She questioned.

" Ma'am she can't go in there. She's a civilian."

" And I'm not?" Kimia retorted.

" She-"

" Kimia just let it go." Delarosa, her best friend sighed.

" What's going on?" Henry asked stepping out of the conference room to see his goddaughter and her assistant.

" He won't let Rosa come in!"

" Sir she's a civilian."

" She's my PA!"

" They're with me." Henry stated and Kimia smirked victoriously at the guard. She straightened her shirt and took the file that Rosa was holding before entering the opening the door.

Damien Myers sat on a chair looking around. The meeting that was held in this room 2 years and a few months ago had changed his life. Then she walked in.

His heart pounded erratically in his chest as he stared at her. She wore a black turtle neck with a white jacket on black pleated slacks. Her usual òmbre hair was back to it's natural dark, almost black colour. Behind her stood his best friend's girlfriend, Rosa who happened to be Kimia's personal assistant.

He couldn't take his eyes off her. He followed every of her movements as she presented the blueprints at the meeting. Fortunately for him, she didn't seem to notice his presence in the room.

" Excellent Ms. Reynolds. We're glad that you decided to work with us. You'll be working with Agent Romanov. I'm sure you remember her. She's one of our lead scientists."

" Yes sir." Kimia and Agent Romanov replied smiling at each other.

" Ms. Reynolds will also be working alongside on of our top agents. I'm sure you'll remember him as you both worked together on a mission a few years back. Agent Myers."

Kimia snapped her gaze towards her godfather whom in turn smiled at her mischievously. She scanned the faces present one by one till her eyes landed on him.

He hadn't changed since she had last seen him. His eyes still felt like they were piercing through her, his skin looked slightly tanner and he had let his hair grow longer than usual.

He could feel her eyes analysing every part of him so he sat there unmoving. He was not surprised by Henry's attempt to get them together. He didn't mind it but he knew she was unhappy about it. And that hurt him but he couldn't blame her since it was his fault.

" Is there any objection?" Henry asked smiling slyly. Kimia glared at him and he chuckled. They both knew there was nothing she could do about it.

" No sir." She sighed.

" Myers?"

" No sir."

The sound of his voice sent shivers down her spine. His deep, husky, velvety voice made her want to purr. She missed it. She missed him. But her stubborn nature wouldn't let her admit it.

" With that being said. I think we can adjourn the meeting."

***

" What the hell Henry?!"

" Language."

" Why did you choose Him?! Of all agents!"

" Because you both have worked together before."

" And may I remind you how that ended?!"

" Kim calm down."

" Don't tell me to calm down Rosa!, You were in on this too weren't you?!"

" Yes."

" Why would you betray me?!" Kimia cried.

" I didn't betray you. I helped you. Your life has been miserable without him."

" My life has been perfectly fine. And news flash! Damien and I are not getting back together. He probably already has a girlfriend or something."

" Trust me when I say he's even more miserable than you are." Rosa snorted.

" Look, I appreciate your effort but I'm fine without him. My life is not miserable."

***

" Idiot." Damien muttered smacking the back of Jason's head.

" Hey! What was that for?!"

" For meddling into my love life! Really Jason?!, You got Henry involved and now I can't back out because he's  basicallymy boss!"

" In my defence, Henry was Rosa's idea."

" You just made things worse. Kimia doesn't want to work with me! But she has to because she's being forced to. I don't want to force her to do anything she doesn't want to."
" Thanks a lot."

He trudged up the stairs to my room and he laid on his bed after taking off his jacket and shirt. Thoughts of Kimia clouded his mind as always. He wanted to reach out and touch her at the meeting. He wanted to hold her, to kiss her, to hug her tightly without letting go.

But he couldn't. He had ruined everything. He wasn't sure she would let him touch her ever again. But he needed her. He craved her. She was his addiction. His poison, but she was also his antidote.

" Havana." He whispered as the memories haunted him.

***
Hej!🤗,
How is everyone doing?
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!