chapter 1

A/n : I watched Julie and the phantoms and impulsively decided to write this, I have already written most of the chapters and am so excited for when I realise fourth and up. Don't be shy to mention any improvements x

My blonde tied back hair sways back and forth as I hug my books in front of me begging to see someone I know. I slowly walk through the crowded halls and look up to see Julie and Flynn talking by her locker I immediately smile and begin walking towards them picking up my pace "underachiever, disappointment" I greet with a smile, " hey mistake we were just talking about Julies performance today" Flynn said softly glaring at her. "what are you going to do for that, its your last chance and we can't deal without you in music class" I say with a soft glare " I know i'm sure I will figure something out" she said softly as I nod in response. Julie and I had only been friends for year, unlike her and Flynn, we got close when her mum passed away I helped her as I had experience with loss, both of my parents died in a car crash I was the only one to survive. I now live with my auntie. "see you at the rally!" a girl voice said from behind our shoulder causing us to all turn "urgh what's she handing out" Flynn groaned "desperation" Julie answered causing us both to snicker. she quickly walked over with the fakest smile possible and handed each of us a poster "my bands performing at the spirit rally tomorrow I'm sure you have nothing better to do" she said overly enthusiastically causing me to roll my eyes "thank you so much but like no" I said bluntly handing it back to her "oh my gosh don't bother coming" she said enthusiastically turning around and walking away. Flynn and I quickly turn to see Julie smiling creepily almost at a boy standing in the corner of the room "nick really!" Flynn and I say in sync "quit fawning over him" I say giving her a light nudge Julie looks at me smiling "he's a sweetheart" she says "you'd actually have to talk to him to know that" Flynn says rolling her eyes "now lets go prove everyone wrong " she continues as we turn for class.

we sit bored out of our minds watching one by one as people perform until it comes to my turn, I play a simple tune I made on the spot on my electric guitar, I refuse to sing in front of people call it singing stage fright if you will but I pass out from fear every time. I take a sit next to the nervous Julie whose desperately hoping her name doesn't get called out. " okay we have one last performance" miss states before clapping her hand "Julie" oh boy, she raises her head slowly at the impatient teacher and walks towards the grand piano and sits slowly with her hand hovering over the keys. she begins to take them away from the keys as me and Flynn stand up in worry and sympathetic smiles on our faces. Julie slowly stands up from the piano and sadly looks at us and then the teacher " I'm sorry" she says with disappointment all three of us let out a small sigh "is this where we clap" Carrie, the girl from before asks with a nasty undertone "leave her alone " I snap ready to pounce at her as she ignores my comment. Julie is quick to leave the classroom after the comment as Flynn and I follow after her.

I receive a text from her later that night 'I've got to clean out my mums studio it would mean a lot if you came' I didn't hesitate to answer 'be there in an hour' I rushed to get my homework done I did not care that it was messy one bit and immediately pack up my bits, my aunt was out at the bingo so I left a note on the table. I begin walking to her house which takes about 20 minutes, I left my ear phones at home which meant that it was a seriously boring walk. I reach her front door, I raise my hand when I hear a violently loud scream coming from the studio that was in there garden and a scared Julie running towards me, before I could say anything shed grabs my arm and drags me towards her bedroom before face planting into a small cushion chair beside a bed "what just happened" I ask breathing heavily "I just saw a ghost" she says quickly I looked at her confused "okay" I said slowly still confused but I figured she thought she saw her mum. "hey" a bold voice came from beside us causing us to jump, it was her dad, I quickly left the room giving them a moment and sat on there sofa watching whatever tv was on. I walk back into the room as her father left and saw her look at me slightly scared with a cross in her hand "come on were going to the studio" she said gesturing towards the door I shrugged and walked with her.

we get to the studio, the cross still clutched between her fingers tightly and held out in front of her as some kind of protection, it took everything in me to try not to laugh at her. we slowly walked in and she looked in every direction possible "are you still here" she said in a soft yet scared tone, when nothing happened she dropped her arms to her sighed and looked at me with sad eyes "I know I saw something I'm not crazy" she said with a huff I looked at her with sympathy "I know I believe you" I said seriously even though I was lying through my teeth, I sent her a quick smile as we looked around some more. "well I mean, were all a little crazy" an unfamiliar voice said as we jumped and turned as three really cute guys were in front of us. Julie let out a loud scream as I just stood there in shock "oh my god please stop screaming" a blonde guy yelled causing her to close her mouth in shock "who are you and what are you doing in my mums studio" she questioned with confidence whilst I stood there still shocked "this is our studio" a cute guy with messy brown hair answered backing away from Julie as he spoke " some things are new but" he said looking around "my couch!" he yelled in excitement as he jumped onto it happily he looked around and walked to his friends and began whispering to them. I just stared unable to get anything out. they all turned around as the blonde in the jean jacket walked slowly towards us "why are you in our studio" he questioned loudly as if we couldn't understand him, Julie didn't answer and instead went to push the cross into him but instead it went straight through him, I gasped in shock "how did you do that?" I questioned finally abled to talk "well clearly they don't get it!" the blonde stated looking at his friends "were ghosts okay!" he continued.  The middle one quickly pushed the blonde out of the way "were actually in a band" he stated calmly staring straight towards me as I gulped still in shock "tell your friends" the third one with black styled hair chimed in quickly. "this Is freaking me out" Julie stated as she took out her phone "tell me about it " I mumbled under my breath "what is that?" the messy haired brown one asked "its a phone" I answered with a confused face that all three of them matched "what are you doing?" the blonde asked, Julie quickly looked up to them "I'm googling sunset swerve" she said rudely "sunset curve" they all answered in sync causing her to exhale shakily "woah" she said blankly causing us all to look at her "there is a sunset curve, you did die" she continued causing me to gulp in fear "that's impossible" I said in shock, she looked slowly back up to them "but not last night 25 years ago" she said slowly they all stared at us blankly "that's wrong when we floated out of the ambulance we went into that dark room where Alex cried" the third one said in a confused high pitch tone "well I think we were all upset" the blonde chimed in a higher pitch, that must be Alex, "but that was only for like an hour" the middle one said with a confused tone.

"I thought you were afraid to come out here" a little confident boy said as he charged into the studio, it was Carlos, Julies brother. I immediately got scared, he might tell Julies dad and get terrified he's only young, everyone turned to look at the brother as he only stared as us two and didn't even acknowledge the boys which was weird. "he can see you" Alex stated as he stood close to the boy "no he can't" I said boldly causing the boy to look around the room "what?" Carlos said with utter confusion. Julie quickly interrupted "uh.. what do you want?" she stammered "a normal sister maybe, stop being weird and eat" he said with a cocky attitude as he began to walk to the house "he couldn't see you" Julie questioned with confusion "yeah that's how the ghost thing usually works" Alex answers whilst the others silently agreed. Julie sighed and began to make her exit with me following before she turned to look at them "you guys need to leave" she said sternly. as we were about to walk we were quickly stop by the messy brown haired guy "wait we didn't get your names" he said softly Julie huffed "its Julie" she answered as they all looked at me for a response "its Madison.. uh Maddie" I answered with a smile "I'm Luke this is Reggie" he said as he gestured to the other brown haired guy who just silently waved "Alex.. how's it going?" he answered quietly "ba da" Luke said softly as he gestured towards the guys making me smile. Julie looked at them sternly "ok" and walked away quickly gesturing for me to follow.