Chapter 6: Walking Red Line

Gulf woke up with a banging head early in the morning as the scent of alcohol greeted him.

He struggled to open his eyes up and he felt his body strangely heavy. He indeed drank too much the previous night.

The sun rays were beeping in through the window and he feel like he could hear the creaking of the spoon far away but so close.

It took him a while to realise that it was his grandpa who was making the sound. Somehow, his stomach twisted in guilt to find out that he had made his grandpa make his own breakfast.

But he did not want to wake up anymore as the memories from the previous night kicked in. The thought made him wanted to puke.

How dare I kiss him? What the fuck, Gulf? He couldn't believe he actually kissed a man, let alone a man but a man who was getting married in the next five days!

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! You fool! He started cussing in frustration as he still felt the taste of Mew's lips lingering on his. Recollecting the sweet petty talk they shared even made him feel disgusted.

He rushed into the bathroom to clean himself out of the filth he had put on.
Aside from the guilt feeling, the hangover didn't help.

He splashed some cold water from the tap and looked at the mirror which freaked him out. Unable to withstand his drowsiness and the heavy head, he decided to take a warm bath in the bathtub.

Shutting his eyes off, he sent himself into a deep thought which freaked him out more as all he could picture was Mew's face and his attractive smirk. In shock, he shot his eyes open to the ceiling as his heart thudded heavily. He was literally panicking as the memories of Mew and him kept flashing. He wondered whether he was really developing genuine feelings for him.

The uneasy thoughts made him jump out of the bathtub quickly and wrapped the towel around his body. The name 'Natalia', terrified him. She was Mew's fiancee, apparently a really nice person and someone who loved Mew.

He recalled how he and Mew carried her drunk body and made her rest in the back seat of the car together with Alena while Mew and he sat on the front.

All night long, till they reached his grandpa's place, Mew and he kindled like couples without a care in the world. As he thought more, it became hard to convince himself that it was the work of alcohol alone.

''Are you fine, Gulf?'' His grandpa's concerned voice came from outside the bathroom.

''Yes, I'll be out in a second.'' said he changing into his casuals.

His heart felt heavy and it seemed as though someone was sitting on his shoulder. He was irritated by the uneasy emotions and thoughts as his senses became duller and duller. It was exhausting.

''I made breakfast.'' His grandpa's voice came again from the kitchen. Without wanting to keep him long, he dashed out.

''Is everything okay?'' asked his Grandpa checking him out from head to toe.

''I am. I'm just tired.'' He sat as he sat down on the breakfast table.

He did not find the appetite hence he stared at those empty plates.

''Whatever it is, do you want to talk about it?'' asked his Grandfather worriedly.

''No, I'm okay.''  He lied. If he was honest, he was submerged with guilt and was rather furious at his stupidity.

How did he end up kissing Suppasit Jongcheveevat and enjoy it at the same time?

''You really look upset, Gulf.''  His grandfather remarked again and somehow it annoyed him.