five

weeks had passed, but to you it felt like everyday was a repeat of the last. Oikawa hadn't been to school or practice in awhile and you had often found yourself snooping around the gym and his class. you didn't know what you would do if you were to even see him anyways. the ache in your chest had slowly but surely turned into a constant empty feeling. there was no more pain but also nothing else in a way. he still flooded your mind 24/7, it seemed like every time you heard someone call your name at school you hoped it was him.

but you could never let him know.

despite not seeing him around campus you laughed and smiled with your friends. you attempted to act completely normal, as if nothing had happened. the reason why the picture perfect couple had split was kept secret in a silent agreement. you avoided Iwaizumi and the whole volleyball team, not wanting them to give you their pity stares. they all knew about what oikawa had done, yet no one had said a single thing to you. so here you sat, face down on your bed with music blasting through a speaker. you felt your phone vibrating close to you so you flipped over the screen.

5 missed calls from: Iwa :)

as you scrolled through all of your notifications, you realized you really hadn't responded to anyone in a while.

3 new messages from: Koshi

you had completely forgotten about that message Suga had sent you oh so long ago. the one message had become three and you debated if you should even open it. it'd be best to see what the grey haired boy needed.

Koshi: hey ik its been awhile but can we talk ?

Koshi: idk why i texted you but i had this feeling idk

Koshi: well shit

it was ironic that he was the one texting you now. he was always the one who you went to when you scraped your knee or was simply feeling shitty. Koshi was your bestfriend for the longest time until he just wasn't one day. there were still pictures hung up on your wall of the two of you in grade school. you let your eyes wander from photo to photo for a while before starting to type out a very late reply.

hey sorry something came up :me

you tossed your phone a few feet away from you and went back to laying face down on your bed, not expecting a response any time soon. almost immediately your phone vibrated again and your head shot up to check the blinking screen.

Koshi: no worries lmao, but how have you been ?

i'm fine wby? :me

even with the amount of time you spent apart there was a sort of calm washing over you with each text exchanged between you two. it was nice to be able to talk to someone you used to be so comfortable with. a little flicker of something lit up for half a second in your heart. the conversation progressed from just checking on each other to catching up on the past year, minus the last month of course. he knew of your relationship with oikawa but never once brought it up while you sent texts back and forth.

Koshi: i swear i left my favorite hoodie at your house </3

lmaoo let me check :me

you got up from your bed and slowly walked over to check your closet, which you never really went in. as you looked through all your old uniforms and some random stuff here and there. finally a familiar black hoodie stared back up at you from the floor, you went to pick it up and small decorated box caught your attention. having never seen the box before you scooped it up and went back to sit on your bed with it.