Giggling to herself over flustering the man that was stoic as a marble statue, she twisted in her seat to face him. "Where are we going?"

He eyed her with the slight smug grin he wore so often around her, being the only tiny bit of emotion he showed besides rage. "Shopping."

The jet black car rolled to a stop in front of a row of designer boutiques. Maggie gulped when she saw the Dior sign twinkling above them, place centered on the floral glass front. James kept a tight grip on her waist as he walked them inside, through the tall double doors. The room smelled like Sicilian citron, amber, and musk leaving a singular trail of luxury.

Ivory walls led up to the towering ceiling. Marble tiled floors spread wide, holding bright displays. The glass structures encased handbags and jewelry, all illuminated to show every last minute detail of the designers intention. Eggshell couches rested in the corners of the room, looking too clean to even consider sitting on.

A gorgeous blonde stylist greeted them from behind the counter, showing off her phosphorescent white teeth. Maggie turned to James. "What are we doing here?" She whispered.

"Why are you whispering?"

She shrugged. It felt like a museum. Like a place she didn't belong. She wanted to feel as invisible as possible.

"I told you before— we're shopping. I'd like to spoil you today."

Although every part of her was screaming at her to argue him on it, she stayed quiet, giving a nod. Pleased with her obedience, they started to walk about the room. Her eyes trailed over all of the accessories.

Luxurious fabric clothing covered the walls, sunk deep into glass cabinets. Cases of expensive jewelry sparkled under the display lights. She walked as quietly as she could, tiny pink mules clicking on the tiled floor. She stayed as close to James as she could, bumping into his side, with his comforting grip around her neck encouraging her to keep moving. "Like anything you see?" He pried.

Chewing her lip nervously, she shrugged.

"Margaret, I brought you here because I want you to shop. Not just look around." She nodded. "Use your words." He demanded, staring down at her pout with a cool expression.

"I— I just feel bad about this kind of stuff. I don't want you to think this is why I like you. You don't need to spoil me like this."

He sighed though his nose. Releasing her neck, his hands slid around to cup her cheek, swiping a thumb over it. "You're too sweet, doll." He bent down to lean into her ear. "But to be frank, I don't give a fucking shit if you feel bad. I want you to be dripping in my wealth. You deserve it." He spoke slow, over enunciating each word with a grave severity that made her heart race.

When James pulled back she wore a smile, top teeth chewing on her bottom. Not out of anxiety this time, but with lust and excitement. "Okay."

After his slightly terrifying pep talk, she warmed up to the idea of letting go of her worries. As she shopped, she noticed nothing had prices, which she figured was for the best. The stylist set up a dressing room for her, adding a few pieces in along with the ones she and James had picked out.

She would change into a piece and step out to show James. He sat on one of the padded chairs, swallowing it up with his oversized body. He unfortunately was on a work phone call, despite his efforts to mitigate them earlier in the day. Each time she would strut out, he felt his pants growing tighter and tighter.

Maggie peeked her head around the corner wearing a nervous look. "Um, James?" His eyes flashed up to hers, still talking into the phone. He paused, raising his brows for her to continue. "Can I have some help with this zipper?"