The Cafe

Spencers POV

Maya and I agreed to meet at the library today and I was on my way to pick her up. I pulled into her street and noticed the houses all were very well kept. I kept a look out for her house number and quickly pulled up into her driveway. Getting out of the car I walked up to her front door and knocked.

"Hey, you ready" I said as she opened the door

"Yep, let me just grab my bag and-" she walked away coming back with a small backpack over her shoulder. "And- I'm ready to go!"

"Alright, where do you want to go for breakfast" I asked getting into the car

"Can we go to the cafe right out of town?"

Maya's smile was so contagious I couldn't help but smile

"Yeah, of course"

...

"Can I have the blueberry pancakes please" Maya asked the waiter

"Yes, of course doll" she looked to me "and what can we get you today"

"Can I have the veggie omelet and a cup of black coffee"

The waitress nodded and walked away leaving me and Maya to our conversation

"Blueberry Pancakes?" I asked

"Yeah, they are the best. My mom always makes them whenever my cousin comes over"

"Really, I have never been a fan but I do love donuts" she cocked her head looking at me "specifically ones with chocolate frosting and sprinkles"

She chuckled and then looked up and past me to watch the waiter give us our food. I quickly reached over to the sugar packets and started adding the eight packets into my coffee.

"And you judged me for getting blueberry pancakes" she chuckled

"What?"

"Did you know sugar can be just as addictive as alcohol and drugs" she started to ramble

I chuckled, I was so excited to spend the day with her.

Mayas POV

Spencer had just handed the bill to the waitress when his phone started to ring. He reached into his pocket and checked the caller ID. His face fell as he answered the call.

"Reid" he snapped

Whoever he was talking to they went back and forth for about a minute before he took the phone and put it on speaker.

"We need you to consult on this case, you don't need to come to oklahoma but we need your input" a female voice said on the other line

"Okay well tell me about the case" he asked

"Okay, so Tommy Samson was murdered last night, he was found dumped in the woods in a shallow grave not too far from the house." she took a quick breath and continued " There was no signs of sexual assault and he died from blood loss due to his carodid artery being sliced open."

"Well why were we called on this case, its a single murder?" Spencer asked

"Well it matches some recent cases from surrounding states, but I think this is a copycat. The other boys were stuffed in trash cans but this kid was laid in a shallow grave" another woman said. Before I could even process my thought, it came spilling out of my mouth.

"Your unsubs definitely a woman, the lack of sexual assault shows that. Also the fact that they showed remorse by digging a grave. You're right this definitely is a copycat. I would look really close at the parents alibi, and just the parents in general. The parents are sadly going to be your main suspects. In 65% of child murder cases, the parents are normally the murderers. I would also look at the parents financial status, maybe they didn't have enough money to support Tommy"

Realizing what I just did I quickly snapped my hand over my mouth and looked at Spencer.

He nodded at me "I agree with her, look into the parents more and tell me what you figure out"

He quickly hung up and looked back at me. Quickly I looked down at my feet and I started to count by sevens.

"Maya"

"Yeah" I said softly still looking down at my feet

"Look at me" looking up at him I expected him to be aggravated with me but instead he looked proud of me. "That was awesome, you know I was thinking about asking you something but I didn't know if you were ready"

Looking back up at him I nodded as he continued.

"But what you just did proved to me that I don't need to worry." he chuckled "so my leave is off in two weeks, I will still be your professor but I am allowed to go back on cases. So I was wondering if you wanted to join me on my next case"

"Really" I asked

He nodded

"YESSS" I said getting out of my booth to give him a big hug

Spencer started laughing and hugged me back, "Okay then that's settled, how about we go read some books"

"Yes, please" I said walking out to the car 

A/N: Okay I don't like this chapter because it was so rushed, but I have so much schoolwork to do and I have the PSAT's but I'm going to try to write as much as possible.