Chapter Eleven - Poison Pen

Hazel was guided downstairs into a small and empty room, like a broom cupboard. It was very closed off and private, and the walls were so thick there would be no possibility for any words to be heard on the other side. When Hazel eventually made her way downstairs without tripping over the wonky steps, she was met with the woman she assumed to be the infamous Rita Skeeter.

Rita was just ever so slightly taller than Hazel, as she extended her arm and grabbed onto Hazel's hand, giving her a forced and exaggerated handshake. Rita had platinum blonde hair that tightly curled which contrasted with her heavy-jawed face. She had fair skin, with a pop of scarlet on her thin lips. She had very rosy cheeks and eyes as green as emeralds that hid behind her sparkling crimson glasses. Rita lowered her self to sit down in the tiny, claustrophobic room whilst dusting down her reflective lime skirt that reached her shins. It was paired with a matching lime waistcoat jacket that stuck to her skin, and was accessorised with deep violet, furry collars around her neck and wrists.

"Well come on, let's not dawdle, sit down!", Rita said with impatience and a sense of fake joy.

Hazel, uncomfortably, sat opposite Rita, facing her porcelain face. Beside Rita was a floating book and quill, writing for her.

"Oh, take no notice of that", she said, taking a small, and not so magic, notepad out of her left pocket and flicking through the lined pages.

"Now- Hazel Jones, is it?", Rita asked, beginning the interview with an already uncertain acknowledgment of who she's even speaking to.

Hazel nodded her head in slight confusion, and was about to open her mouth to reply but was immediately cut off by Rita's voice.

"How is it that a young girl, such as yourself, who has no history of being a hogwarts student, has become a champion of the Triwizard Tournament and has to compete against four much more experienced wizards and witches?", Rita asked, in a patronising tone.

"Well I'm not really-", Hazel begun to speak, whilst looking at the quill writing away.

"Don't worry about the quill", she interrupted.

"Tell me Hazel,", Rita said, looking into her eyes.

"How did you get here? No one even knew you existed until you magically appeared in the Great Hall a couple days ago, should we be concerned?", she asked.

"No, I don't-", Hazel said.

"You're a strange, no.. mysterious girl Hazel, what are you hiding?", Rita continued to speak.

"I'm not hiding anything-", Hazel said, now growing impatient.

"Could it be that you're a muggle who grew bored of the muggle life, and so you have been sent here, to our world, to cause chaos and destruction?", she asked.

Hazel clenched her fists together and bit the inside of her bottom lip, trying to contain her annoyance. Rita Skeeter was certainly a nosey woman who liked to make stirring stories and dirty rumours. Rita wasn't very close to the truth, yet Hazel didn't even know what her truth would be. Would Hazel actually tell everyone the real story? So far, Hazel was not at all encouraged to reveal the truth in the slightest. Rita looked at Hazel's clenched fists, and fixed her posture, making Hazel aware that she had quite obviously seen how irritated Hazel was. She unclenched her fists and inhaled calmly.

"I think we're done here, thank you for being so... compliant with this interview", Rita spoke, standing up and guiding Hazel out the broom cupboard.

Before leaving the room for good, Rita placed her cold hand on Hazel's arm, pulling her back ever so slightly.

"I'm sure we'll find out more about you soon, sweetie", she said with a condescending grin, before letting Hazel go.

Hazel swiftly left without another word.