Chapter Twelve - Dragons

It was approximately 3:30pm, all the Triwizard Champions were gathered inside a beige tent, small on the outside, but a whole lot bigger on the inside. It was furnished with small beds and chests and was used for the champions to stay whilst they waited for their task. Before Hazel made her way into the tent to meet with the other champions, she bumped into Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred and George. Hermione, as usual, had a concerned expression on her face; her eyes had a worrying look for Hazel, because she knew Hazel was different and she had never experienced something as dangerous as what she was about to experience. Hermione pulled Hazel in for a tight hug.

"Please be safe, Hazel", Hermione spoke softly, before pulling away.

Hazel gave them all a reassuring smile.

"But not too safe", George said with a joyous grin.

"Yeah, we still want to see this dragon get close", Fred laughed.

Ginny gave Hazel a small hug and reassured her that all would be alright, before herself and the twins walked away to the Gryffindor stands. Ron also had a worried expression lurking in his blue, shimmering eyes.

He pulled Hazel in for a comforting hug and patted her back softly.

"Good luck, don't be too reckless,m", he chuckled, leaving the embrace.

Hazel shared a laugh and watched Ron slowly follow Ginny, Fred and George. Hazel took in a deep breath and walked into the tent, revealing the spacious atmosphere inside. She was greeted by the three other champions; Fleur DeLacour, Viktor Krum and Cedric Diggory. They were all pacing around the room, waiting for something, anything. Harry was nowhere to be seen, but someone else took Hazel's attention.

"Hazel, isn't it?", the boy asked.

Hazel's eyes lit up at the beautiful boy; he wore a charming smile that complimented his ashy grey eyes. His brunette hair was a bit all over the place but nevertheless, he looked handsome.

"Yeah, hi.. Cedric?", Hazel stuttered, feeling slightly nervous standing in his presence.

Cedric chuckled, turning Hazel's already rosy cheeks even more red.

"Cedric Diggory", he responded, extending his arm and giving Hazel a warm handshake.

"So..", Cedric said, dusting down his Hufflepuff top.

"You and Potter both made it into the tournament, kind of strange, right?", he continued, looked into Hazel's eyes.

Hazel sheepishly laughed and rubbed her sore neck.

"I guess so-", she said before being interrupted by a blinding flash of white that quickly consumed the tent.

The flash came from an old-style camera that was pointed right at Harry and Hermione, who were stood close together by one of the entrances to the tent. To no ones surprise, Rita Skeeter was in the tent, and seemed to be collecting more juicy gossip for the Daily Prophet.

"Young love", Rita declared, clasping her hands together.

"How ... stirring", she finished with a mischievous smirk printed across her face.

She approached Harry and Hermione, as Hazel and the rest of the champions watched and slowly approached them too.

"If everything goes unfortunate today, you two may even make the front page!", she said in a patronising tone.

Harry and Hermione raised an eyebrow irritably, before Viktor spoke up.

"You have no business here, this tent is for champions and friends", the deep voice called out, looking Rita up and down with impatience.