O.8 Unexpected Visitors.

gwa

--

         You simply stood there, pondering. Would you really allow yourself to present in front of him? The whole union, maybe. If the word god out of course...

     "Maybe." You simply stated while a teasing grin formed across your lips. The grunge operative let out a light chuckle, continuing to focus on the road infront of you both while making your way back. It was getting quite dark already, the sky was already fading from the sweet oranges & reds to a darker shade of blue, almost black.
         You huddled closer to Macabre, scared of getting lost or worse, what if the nights found us? The thought was terrifying, sending shivers down your spine. You've fought one before, but they were a lot weaker and obviously unprepared, most likely only seeking your capture for pride.

"Somethin' bothering you?"

"Huh?! Oh...- no, sorry."

            "If you'd like, we can hold hands if you're that scared." He said in a teasing tone, your already red cheeks puffed up, flustered.

          Then again... The thought wasn't all that bad.
         You clasped your hand in his and huddled extremely closer to him which definitely caught him off guard. Still, he reassuringly squeezed your hand while walking and somehow you felt a lot safer. I mean...he was the scariest looking, aside from Scary_Day not to mention the roughest. Maybe he'd just open up to you, a side no one else could see but you and you alone.

         Even in each other's warm embrace, you both had a strange feeling... that someone was watching the two of you from a distance. The sound of footsteps coming toward you brought you both to a stop & listened. You weren't even out in the public square anymore but that...same alleyway you found yourself in a few days prior.

           Out of the darkness, two figures appeared. Night operatives.

"Yoo-hoo...what do we have here?"
"Lovebirds now, eh?"

Both of them spoke, Macabre standing in front of you protectively.

"I don't know what you're talkin' 'bout." Macabre huffed.

"Mhmm, 'course not."

          You didn't know what to do besides stare. You needed to intervene somehow but how? Nobody needed to get hurt, especially on the brink of night. "What are you two doing, here?" You asked, narrowing your eyes and stepping beside Macabre.

"Ooohh, a brave little lady, aren't ya?"
"Sweet!"
"Once we get her in our hands, you ain't gonna lay a finger in her you understand? Perverted asshole." The two night operatives bickered with each other. Both you and Macabre scoffed, and while they were both distracted, you lunged.

           Successfully kneeing one of them    in their lower area however the other caught your leg before you could successfully manage to do any damage. Letting out a gasp, you struggled to break free. "M-macabre!" You pleaded.

         Instantly, Macabre was at your side to your rescue, thank goodness! Pulling you free and shooting both of them in their shoulders, as well as a "minor" beating, the two weakling night operatives again, retreated.

You collapsed onto your butt, laying down on the hard gravel trying to catch your breath while Macabre leaned down, asking if you were alright. Thankfully, yes.

"I...didn't know you were that strong."

"I didn't know either."

After a short while of laughter, you both, thankfully, managed to make it back to the Days Union HQ.