O.3 - Supreme Leader & A Promise...

It didn't take too long until Great_Day had made his way through the doors, sitting down in his designated chair which was a lot fancier than the others. I guess everything is personalized. You thought. Great sat silent for a while, thinking. The rest of the operatives had made their way through and into the room as well. The place was dead silent.

"Y/N." Great spoke firmly, his gaze turning to you. You sat up straight and nodded, "Yes, sir?" 

He sighed. "Please don't bother yourself with any formality. We want you to be as comfortable as possible during your next few months in here." You nodded curtly and mumbled something to yourself which was unintelligible to the others, even the ones sitting directly next to you. Great sat up and glanced over at his operatives who all looked so— serious. 

"As you already know, we've been at The Night Coalition's throats for many years, and many years to come. I do want to avoid any conflict during Miss Y/N's stay here for her safety so I plead with all of you, not to invoke The Nights, for they only want an excuse to spill blood; and with Y/N in our hands, she comes with a great package to help us succeed in wars to come. However— I do not wish to use her as a tool." There was a snicker from someone at the table. Everyone's gaze fell onto Macabre_Day. He grunted, slouching in his chair. "Why don't we use her to our advantage? We'd be able to  defeat the Nights easily with her on our side—" 

Benevolent stood up from his seat, slamming his fists on the table, "Macabre, you are sick!" He shrieked, "We will not be using such a lovely young lady in battle! That is inhumane and—" 

Great had stood up as well, stomping his foot down. "Both of you, silence!" ...The room fell quiet again and Benevolent awkwardly sat back down in his chair. Macabre huffed, glancing away. "...Thank you. Like I said before— I do not wish to use Y/N as a tool without her permission-"

"I'll do it!"

"Huh?"

"I-I'll do it! I'll assist you in defeating The Night Coalition...!" 

Everyone stared at you in shock, including Great. Dynamic, who was sitting next to you, grabbed your arm and shook you dramatically, "You don't have to do this to yourself, Y/N! You don't have to do this!" You sighed, and shook Dynamic off of you. 

"I want to be able to help you guys since... you kinda took me in. I don't wanna just sit around looking pretty and I wanna help you as best as I can!" You cheered, grinning happily with a determined tone of voice.
Great glanced over to you and studied you up & down, looking for any sort of suspicion.... hesitantly he agreed and you breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Great." You smiled up at him, genuinely. Great glanced away from your bright gaze, "...You're welcome." 

A tint of pink fell upon his pale cheeks but it's was fairly unnoticeable, even to the other near operatives. 

The rest of the meeting went by smoothly, with just discussion about different governmental things that were beyond your basic understanding, nevertheless, everyone had been extremely kind to you even though you were merely a stranger from an foreign world... 

...

You stepped out of the meeting room and slumped against the wall as the last person shuffled out and locked the door. It was Emotionless. Before he had left though— "Oh, Y/N." 

"Hm?"

"Albert said he wanted to meet up with you in the central quarter tomorrow afternoon to discuss. We'll be sending a guard with you to escort you there for your safety, if that's alright."

"Oh, of course it's alright. I don't wish to bother you guys with anything more though so—"

"You're not. You're a lot more important to us than anything else. We need to get you back home, you know?" 

"Ah... right."

The two of you stood there awkwardly before Emotionless scuffled away, leaving you alone in the empty hallway. You turned and looked up at the clock displayed above you, just now realizing how late it had gotten. I showed up there this morning... now it's nearly late afternoon. You huffed, deciding not to go back to your room, but to look around the headquarters a little bit to get a grasp around your surroundings...

It'd be a shame if I get lost during my time here.

...

(POV SWITCH.)

  I walked up and down the halls, taking note of each room, each twist and turn, each hallway, you get what I mean. My gaze shifted and found itself looking at what seemed to be a heavily guarded door with a large gold key-hole. I glanced around, nobody else was in the hall... I turned and stepped up to the grand door and glanced up at a gold plating where it read Supreme Leader's Office & Headquarters. 

Great_Day...?

I had wondered why he would need such a heavily locked door. Just before the meeting had ended, Great had exited, saying he would return in a few hours to handle some business. I checked around again and attempted to open the door but with no avail, it wouldn't budge open. Sighing, I took out one of the bobby-pins in my hair and lock-picked the door open. I knew it was wrong to go snooping around in someone else's office but curiosity got to the best of me. 

I stepped inside.

It was strangely peaceful, maybe it's because I was the only one in the room at the time but... It's nice. I studied the room and went through a few things here and there. I didn't want to...snoop. So I resisted my urges. Just as I was about to leave— the door swung open to reveal... Great_Day. He looked down at me with a stern expression, "What were you doing in here?"

"A—Ah! I wasn't trying to be nosy or anything I was just looking around the headquarters...!"

Great let out a sigh and shoved you out of his office, slamming the door shut behind me. The whole encounter came as a shock...That day I was convinced they were all so friendly. 

Especially Great_Day. But I guess I was wrong.

—————

The next day soon arose and I was out-and-about in the central quarter, patiently waiting for Albert to show up while a a soil deer acted as a guard in the distance for me. I waiting about twenty minutes before the white rabbit frantically showed up, looking panicked. He let out a shaky sigh.

"Are you okay? My goodness!" I cried. Albert clutched his waist, panting, "Yeah, yeah...! I'm okay." He sighed, finally catching his breath before straightening his posture.

"What is it that you wanted to talk with me about anyway?" I asked, my head tilting curiously to the side. Albert glanced down to his bag which was strung around his shoulders. He pulled out a map of wonderland and a notebook that was filled with the basics of how everything worked around there. 

My eyes glimmered brightly as I took them into my hands, hugging them tightly. Now I won't be left in the dark! I had though to myself, cheering silently. Albert bashfully clasped his hands together in glee, "Anything if it means helping you get readjusted to your new surroundings!" 

We had stayed there for a little while longer, simply chatting with each other as if we were old school friends who were catching up on their life, despite Albert being almost a stranger to you. "Ah, there's one more thing I need to tell you before you go back to the Days' Headquarters."

"Hm? Oh yeah, go ahead!"

"...You must promise me you won't fall in love."