O.7 - Can you show me?

i'm tired man

--

"Sooo... Where are we gonna go?" You asked enthusiastically, your entire face lit up while gazing up at Macabre as you made your way through the busy streets of Wonderland. Technology wasn't really a thing, and neither were cars or any sort of transportation besides bicycles and carriages cindering how small the entire country really was. Yes, big enough to support two whole unions & people, but still, small.

Macabre let out a huff, his cheeks dusted with a rosy color puffed out while looking down at you. "Wherever you want I guess. We can just start looking around and stop off wherever you really want." Excitedly, you jumped up and took ahold of his hand, walking along while window shopping, gazing at the wonderful shops, even occasionally stopping in some to buy a thing or two.

It was getting awfully late and the sun had been starting to set but you hand only one last request:; "I'd like to stop by that one eh...shop we passed by earlier. Near the bakery, I think."

There was something oddly nostalgic about that one shop to you, although Macabre was utterly confused about why exactly you chose to go to there as a last stop. Nevertheless, with a sigh, you two made your way towards the small store. And I mean, incredibly small. Although it was basically a hole-in-wall shop it didn't stop from putting a smile on your face.

You didn't buy anything else except a cheap music box that could fit in the palm of your hands. Whilest making your way back to TDU's headquarters, a question from Macabre caused to perk your head up.

"I never knew you were into ballet."

"Oh."

The question, or rather, statement made your mind go blank and all the memories from that tiny studio came rushing back. He gave you a questioning look, and you gave him an awnser.

"I do. I was even a dancer back before...this happened. Everyone else at the studio would give me a lot of bullcrap though, I was constantly put aside and was never given a solo, let alone a leading part but that didn't matter too much to me. I just enjoyed the attention and atmosphere, I could twirl away to my heart's content without anyone judging me, well everyone besides my dance-mates.

"I especially liked it when we did performances about fairy tales. The Nutcracker was especially my favorite, we did it every year during the holiday season, I felt like I was in my own fairytale. The sets and costumes. I was so lightweight on stage but..."

"But?"

"They were hard on me, especially. To the point where I almost ended up quitting but I learned how to ignore it."

"Do you miss it?"

"Yeah, I do."

"..."

Silence. The atmosphere wasn't thick or awkward just, pleasant.

"Can you show me?"