"Iruma-kun wait a bit!" at the door, Balam-Sensei bid me back over. I waved Clara, Azz-kun and the rest goodbye before going to the pult. When he was next to me again he whispered "I suggest that if you go to the Library you go further to the back. You'll find more about humans there."

I happily thanked and wished him farewell to next time before going my way again. He said "Good luck" before he went his own way. I had passed a couple windows on my way to the West-Wing of Babylus when I saw how some of my friends were spreading their wings and flying home.
'...' *sigh*.
'How nice it would be'.

I entered the library and went to the far back. More spiderwebs coming into view the further I went. But I'm not afraid of spiders, would be a surprise actually. I read +Fantasy beings+ on the book shelves and decided that this was my category. I cleaned the place a bit before I rummaged through the books finding some.. more like depicted picture books.

Time passed

"I didn't find anything helpful..." I said standing up by leaning against the bookshelf, my knees where a bit weak from all that during. But the bookshelf shook, and a thick book fell out and hit my head "OUCH!". I slumped back onto the ground rubbing my head with the book in my lap... It was covered by layers upon layers of dust; I couldn't see the cover clearly. This one however seemed important to me..so I dusted the cover off a bit to read its title.

I was surprised to find that it was written in a human language! To be more precise, English. How I knew? I worked for many companies back in the human world...and picked up the basics from multiple workers there.

It said: Una guida alla magia, meaning 'A guide to Magic'. (A/N: used my phone's translation, for future reference I'm gonna use Italian as I'm writing in English. Don't worry, I'll include either the translation or the basics of what it means)
Wait...What?!? Magic?!
I immediately opened the book and skimmed through it. However, all the pages were blank except the first one.

There was only a sentence written down..."Rivela ciò che è stato perso...?" (Reveal what has been lost)
'That sounded horrible...' I'm pretty sure I pronounced it incorrectly..

The book started glowing, floating out of my hands with its pages turning in a frenzy before falling back down.

I hesitantly opened it again but this time every page had things depicted and written on it

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I hesitantly opened it again but this time every page had things depicted and written on it. I read the beginning ...where a spell was mentioned that would awaken the magic cores that some certain humans are said to have. But the chances where uncerin..how old was this book afterall? I said what stood there hoping that I had one.
.
.
.
.

A small light with different colours appeared before me before vanishing again. I had Magic! I could use it without relying on grandpa and the Ring! Don't misunderstand I'm completely grateful for both of them from the bottom of my heart! But.. I'd like something that's only mine... to not always rely on others..to help them in an honest way, with something 'I' actually achieved.

My POV

After finding the book, Iruma studied anything in it. He told his dear worried Grandpa that he found something that could help him with his assignment. He still kept his promises to both Clara, Asmodeus and the rest of his class. He called them all on the specified days they had discussed about beforehand and talked with them. Telling them that he's reading up on history and knowledge through books.

Asmodeus greatly praised Iruma for his noble and aesthetic choice and enthusiastically told him that he couldn't wait for the tournament. He himself had greatly improved in his fire magic and bonded with his familiar whenever he could. His other classmates were the same though some studied more than trained. A certain someone went purely physical with weights and all.

While Iruma was busy in the Library, the staff sometimes passed by to check on the boy. Ballam once rounded the corner only to stop dead on his tracks when he saw his stern colleague peek in through the Library doors, observing Iruma practice his magic by cleaning the shelves with the spells in the Grimoire. Kalego would have denied it if someone had asked him if he was proud of his student but actually, he was. And he was glad that he wasn't summoned either but anyway... he would call for Cerberus for any who stated such foul 'Lies'!

Occasionally Opera dropped by when Iruma fell asleep.