No Matter The Bad Days (I Won't Leave Your Side)

Okay so I'm writing this on my phone so that was one reason for any spelling errors. Also I have acrylic nails on so it's really hard for me to type. I'll edit this in like a week cuz that's when I'll get them off. but any typos that you guys see please let me know. Hope you enjoy, feel free to request and no smut please.

⚠️TW: SELF HARM INDICATION

     Bucky lay on their bed, burying his head in his pillow. Steve always told him that Tony didn't mean what he said, but Bucky always doubted that. Bucky knew that Tony would always hold a grudge against him for killing his parents and Bucky always tried to remember it wasn't actually him who killed them. Most days, Bucky was able to ignore what the billionaire said, but it's always hard. He cried, muffling his sobs with the pillow period Tony's words echoed in his head.

     "How can you smile knowing you took my family away? You're sort of a screw up. An experiment. How does it feel, broken boy? Are you happy now?" Tony said as Bucky's smile slowly faded.

     "What the hell, Tony?" Steve snapped, watching tears fill Bucky's eyes.

     "No, no. He needs to hear this. It's therapy." Tony paused, looking Bucky in the eye. "You're a weapon. You can't do anything without killing someone." Bucky ran to the door, feeling his chest tighten. "Gonna cry, Zodiac?"

     "Shut up, Tony!" Steve yelled as Bucky ran out of the room. He heard them yelling as he ran away, feeling like it was his fault.

     Bucky screamed into the pillow so harshly and loudly, he thought he would strain something. Once he stopped, he looked at the nightstand where his dagger sat. He grabbed it, gripping it tightly.

     "You better not hurt yourself, Buck." Steve said, learning in the doorframe.

     "I was just thinking about it," Bucky said, sniffling. "Wasn't going to." Steve sat next to Bucky, placing the weapon on the nightstand. Bucky looked down,  tears filling his eyes as Steve put his hand under Bucky's chin, indicating that he lifts his head up.

     "Look at me," Steve said gently. Bucky complied, revealing his teary eyes, raging with regret. Steve wiped away the overflowing tears from Bucky's eyes. "You're not a screw-up or an experiment or a weapon. You're healing. You're healing. Broken or not, I love you. I love you." Steve cupped either side of Bucky's face gently, smiling warmly.

     "I just," Bucky sighed, new tears pooling in his eyes. "I want him to be happy. I don't want him to hate me as much as he does." Bucky said, voice breaking. Steve saw the painful glint in Bucky's eyes. Tears formed and fell freely. Steve sighed at the sight of his distraught boyfriend. He gripped Bucky's shoulders firmly, slinging his hands to Bucky's.

     "Come here," Steve said, pulling Bucky into a comforting hug. Bucky's arms wrapped tightly around Steve's torso and his head rested on Steve's shoulder. Steve's arms were anchored on Bucky's shoulders and he continuously ran his hand though Bucky's hair. He rocked gently, mumbling soft nothingness to Bucky. Steve never let go of Bucky, not even for a second. He held the brunette close, pushing away the fear of losing him again. Bucky nuzzled his head in the crook of Steve's neck.

     "I love you." Bucky whispered. Steve kissed Bucky's furthest, letting the kiss linger. He rested his head on to of Bucky's, promising to stay by Bucky's side, no matter what.