1

~(Y/n)'s pov~

(Y/n) had always enjoyed free time. The times in class when you're done with the assignment but the teacher hasn't started talking was a perfect time to bury his nose in whatever novel he had. These times were rare but (Y/n) enjoyed them nonetheless.

Of course, nothing lasts forever. The teacher called for everyone's attention. (Y/n) looked up from the book, not closing it in case it's something boring. "We have a new student!" The teacher said happily. 

Yep, boring. (Y/n) sighed before returning to the book on his desk. It's not that he didn't care about a new student. His arrival kept the teacher's attention away from starting the lesson. It's just that reading about dragons in a gladiator fight is so much more interesting.

~~~~~~~

"Did you see the new kid?" Stella asked, happiness shining in her blue eyes. Stella had been (Y/n)'s best friend for as long as either could remember. They acted more like siblings than friends. 

(Y/n) shook his head. He wasn't particularly interested in who moved to where. "Oh, well, you are missing out!" She sat down at one of the lunch tables, (Y/n) sitting beside her, "He is so hot".

The (h/c) male rolled his eyes. "Sorry, I was too busy  ignoring him to drool over him" (Y/n) said with a playful smile. He reached for a strand of Stella's long red hair and started to braid it. He had a habit of doing this occasionally and Stella was fine with it, as long as he took out the braids when he was done.

Stella suddenly pulled the half braided strand out of (Y/n)'s hand. He was about to protest when she pointed at someone. "That's him. I heard his name is Nathaniel or something" She said. (Y/n) followed her gaze to a tall male. He had brown -almost black- hair and pale skin. He was lean yet had a firm build.

As if he felt their gaze from the other side of the cafeteria, the male snapped his head around, immediately finding (Y/n) and Stella. No, not me. (Y/n) suddenly realized his red eyes were only trained on Stella.

Stella was the first to break the eye contact. She flashed (Y/n) a smile. "Well?" She asked. "Well what?" (Y/n) said. "What do you think? I told you he was hot!" She said, her smile growing. 

"I think he's creepy" (Y/n) said. How can you find someone staring at you for that long attractive? He glanced towards the other male. 

Nathaniel was turned towards a few people who were crowed around him, trying to get to know him. Even from where he was sitting across the cafeteria, (Y/n) could tell he was only pretending. Pretending to listen, pretending to care.

(Y/n) shivered and turned away, trying to ignore the feeling of dread rising in his chest. So creepy.

~~~~~~~

Of course. (Y/n) sighed and took his seat, already dubbing this the worst class. Not that math wasn't already. He glanced at the seat next to him. More accurately, the person sitting in it. Nathaniel. (Y/n) sighed and shifted in his seat.

He could at least pretend he's not glaring at me. (Y/n) bit the inside of his cheek to keep from saying anything.

~Nathaniel's pov~

Nate glared at the piece of filth beside him. The (h/c)ette brat who dared to touch what was his. He cringed at the memory of lunch. Seeing his hands on her hair made the brunette feel sick to his stomach.

If we weren't in public, I'd kill him now. He huffed as the teacher walked in, making him tear his vision from his next victim. Nate had his eyes on Stella for several weeks. He had finally gotten enrolled into her school, only to find a certain (h/c)ed boy trying to take her from him.