6

~Nate's pov~

Nate was pretty quick to realize (Y/n) needed space. As much as he didn't like it, the brunette accepted it. 

Well, until recently, when Nate noticed a new addition to (Y/n)'s friend group. He swore that the only reason he cared was because there was a new person around Stella. That was what he told himself, but the other male didn't seem remotely interested in Stella.

His attention was all on (Y/n). Nate could tell the blonde liked (Y/n). Based on his oblivious look, (Y/n) had no idea, despite it being written all over the other's face. 

It bothered him. Nate didn't like that it bothered him, but it did. What made it worse is that one day, the two suddenly became closer. 

Nate watched the scene with annoyance from across the cafeteria. (Y/n) was leaning against the blonde while eating his food. Stella must have said something because the (h/c)ette scrambled into an upright position with a scarlet blush on his face. He gave the girl a mock glare and said something that Nate couldn't hear through the sea of loud students.

~(Y/n)'s pov~

The class after lunch was always awkward. It was an hour and a half of sitting beside the one person (Y/n) was trying to avoid. Still, nothing could ruin that day; not even Nate. 

Today was (Y/n)'s date with Jaxon. A part of him couldn't believe Jaxon was talking to him, let alone dating him. He let out a blissful sigh as he thought of what would happen only hours later. (Y/n) was the first to admit he was a hopeless romantic. He loved all of the romance cliches, as corny as they where. He snapped out of his thoughts by the teacher starting class.

~~~~~

(Y/n) felt frozen in his seat. Of course this would happen. Why wouldn't it? The universe just hates him. As if the teacher heard his thoughts of cliches, they where doing a project. One they would be doing with the person beside them. 

The bell had rang already and (Y/n) heard it. He was just mimicking a statue as if the project would go away if it didn't see him. Well, more like his obsessive project partner would go away if he didn't see him.

"You do realize you can't keep ignoring me if you want to get this done" Nate said. His expression was blank, contrasting the twinge of amusement in his voice. "I know" (Y/n) said in a small voice. 

After school, (Y/n) walked home with Stella. The girl had insisted on helping him get ready for his date. (Y/n) was sure he'd be grateful if it weren't for the fact that her eyes shinned with a light only seen in fangirls. So he was terrified.

When they got to (Y/n)'s house, Stella pulled him up to his room, not giving him any time to greet his siblings. Stella sat him down in his desk chair, adjusting the height to give her the best view of his hair.

The (h/c) mop that lived on (Y/n)'s head decided it didn't want to cooperate, making the hair styling process take longer than intended. After it was to Stella's liking, she started looking through (Y/n)'s clothes.

"You don't have anything date-worthy" She noted out loud. "That's because I didn't think I'd ever be in a situation to need anything 'date worthy'" (Y/n) retorted, earning a flick on the forehead. 

Stella tossed a pair of black dress pants at her friend. "Put this on. I'll be right back" She instructed before leaving the room. (Y/n) sighed before doing as he was told. A few moments later, Stella returned, this time holding something in her arms.

"Here" She said, handing (Y/n) what was in her arms, "Put this on". He looked down at the fabric in his arms. It was a silver sweater, one (Y/n) recognized. "Is this Skyler's?" He asked. "It is and she said you can borrow it as long as you don't, in her words, 'get any of that shit on it'" Stella said, mimicking Skyler's voice for the last part.