4

~Nate's pov~

Nate stared at the wall of his room. What did I do? His gaze turned into a glare. He had been asking himself that question for the past three days. His mind refused to leave (Y/n). 

He hated that he reacted that way. He hated that the other male just let him lay on his chest. He hated that it was calming. Nate let out a growl. 

No! Stella is the only one who can calm me!

Then.. How did (Y/n) do it? Nate had just told the (h/c)ette how easy he could be killed and he went with it. It was comforting feeling the smaller male's warmth under him. Nate slapped himself on the cheek. 

No! Stella is his lover. He forced his mind to focus on the red haired angel. As he did so, his chest was filled with a familiar fluttery feeling that always appeared when he thought of her. 

Yes. He felt a smile make it's way onto his face. Stella is the one who can make him feel. Not (Y/n). Not his witty comments or his puffy (h/c) hair. Nate stopped, sending a glare out his window. His mind went back to (Y/n), again. 

He stood up and walked towards the window. He stared out of it at the orange and pink sky the sunset was creating. He decided not to think of (Y/n) or Stella.

~~~~~

The next day, Nate was back at school. He tried to mask the surprise that attempted to cover his face when his eyes found (Y/n)'s form. The male looked like he hadn't slept in ages. His foot bounced anxiously as he stared at his paper.

Finally the (h/c)ette looked up, gaze immediately catching Nate's. The brunette kept an aloof expression as he stared back. It took all of his strength not to give (Y/n) an amused look. For the first time, Nate looked more sane than (Y/n). The other sent him a look of 'what the hell', which was met with a blank look.

(Y/n)'s eye twitched as he turned back to his paper. Nate could still see a bit of his face from where he sat. The (h/c)ette had his brows furrowed with a frown on his face. As hard as he tried, Nate couldn't deny that it was adorable.

He pulled his eyes from (Y/n)'s form. The same thoughts that had been plaguing his mind started to resurface. He had to fix this. He had to remind himself who really has his heart. Preferably soon; he didn't want this confusion to become normal.

~~~~~

Lunch went as it usually did for the most part. Nate didn't really care about the people around him, nor did he have any interest in what they had to say. Still, he gave each of them an interested look, nodding occasionally to show he was paying attention.

Of course, he wasn't. Just as he always did, Nate's eyes kept glancing to Stella. She looked as stunning as always. She had a big smile on her face which sent Nate's heart into a frenzy.

(Y/n) was there too, not that Nate cared, but he was there. He met (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes. He gave him a look. Nate didn't know what it meant, but he guessed it meant he wanted to talk. He mimicked the (h/c)ette's movements, excusing himself from the table.

The two walked in silence around the school, (Y/n) a few steps in front of Nate. Once they had gotten a fair ways away from other people, (Y/n) stopped walking and turned to Nate, his face had a look of anger and concern. 

"Where where you? I was..." (Y/n)'s voice trailed off. He glanced down at the ground before his eyes snapped back up to meet Nate's red orbs. "And then you show up and act as if nothing happened?" (Y/n) lectured. 

Nate had forgotten what (Y/n) was like angry. He was usually a very passive person, seemingly not having much of an opinion on anything. It took Nate by surprise to see an angry look on his face.