Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean

Start from the beginning

Katherine gently punched his shoulder, "C'mon, don't bring the mood down with that serious talk, bro."

He continued to stare and watched her eyes become clouded, "Alright, I just wanted to make sure you were okay and-"

"Shinso."

He looked at her as she looked into her lap with her hair acting like a curtain, shielding her face from his view, "Yeah, Angel?"

"Can I have a hug?"

A moment of silence followed as the boy's eyes widened and the tiniest amount of soft pink settled on his usually pale cheeks. He looked at her in her vulnerable state and replied, "Yes, anything you want, Angel."

She scooted over and made some room for him to lay down on the cot beside her. She patted the new space, a gesture for Shinso to lay down next to her. He dragged himself into a comfortable position while facing her. When he got comfortable, Katherine practically dove into his arms and snuggled her face into his broad chest.

Shinso chuckled slightly before resting his head on top of her's and his eyes almost rolled back at the alluring scent of the ocean coming from her dark drown hair. He sighed and pulled her closer to him, but he soon felt his shirt becoming wet. He pulled away for a second and saw his angel's red, swollen face with tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

"Angel, what am I going to do with you?"

She sniffled and was about to answer him, but she was shoved into his warm embrace once again. She felt another wave of panic and fear crash into her and realized that she was having another attack. She slowly felt her limbs go numb and began hyperventilating to the point where her mind was going fuzzy.

Shinso noticed this and panicked a little. There was a pretty, crying girl in his arms and he had no idea what he needed to do to get her to stop. His eyes grew twice their normal size when she began clutching on to the back of his shirt for dear life.

He didn't think before moving his hand and started to pet her hair soothingly and whispering, "Angel, you're safe. I'm here. Don't worry, I'm right here, okay? Shh, everything is alright, so I just need you to take nice big breaths for me. Can you do that?"

She nodded and held him closer to her as she focused on inhaling his unique lavender scent (idk what he smells like but i think he'd smell like lavender and coffee). Her tears dried up and her mind cleared, but her arms were still holding Shinso tightly.

Shinso on the other hand was fighting the urge to fall asleep as he found her ocean scent and the feeling of having someone hold him against their warm body, very comforting and relaxing. His eyes were halfway closed when she let him go and wiped her eyes.

She sniffled and glared up at him, "We're never going to talk about this, okay?"

He couldn't help but chuckle, "Okay, whatever you want, your majesty."

She quickly got up, but before she could smack him with a pillow, the door to the clinic opened to reveal a beaten up bird boy. Tokoyami opened the door to Recovery Girl's office to see Katherine Yamada holding a pillow above her and and Hitoshi Shinso looking like his life was flashing before his eyes. Shinso looked up at him and pigeon nodded, "Yo."

He gave them a weird look and asked, "Is Recovery Girl present?"

Shinso replied in his usual monotone voice, "She went out, but she should be back soon."

"Oh okay then," he turned to leave, but turned his head slightly to make eye contact with Katherine who had dropped the pillow. She felt shivers run up her spine from the glare she had received from bird boy.

After he left, she slumped into her cot and played with Shinso's hand, tracing the outline of his left hand, "I guess I'm going to get a those looks more often."

Shinso observed her frown get even sadder, "At least I'll be here with you?"

"Yeah, thanks Shinso."

"No problem, Angel," he watched her trace his hand and remembered, "Don't you have to get to the final battle soon?"

She groaned, "I don't want to goooooo."

He poked her cheek, "Don't you want to win?"

"Not anymore. I just want to go home and sleep forever."

He nodded, "That's relatable, but you should at least go out there and see what's going on. For all you know, there could be people who still support you."

She gave him a funny look, "Okay, like anyone would be sane enough to be friends with some with a quirk like mine... oh wait-"

He raised an eyebrow, "A person like me?"

"Ha yeah, someone like you, I guess."

Silence filled the room before Katherine got up and began walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" her male friend asked.

"I'm going to see how much people hate me."

~~~~
bro it's taken me so long to figure out how to write again even tho it's only been two weeks lmao. hopefully y'all still liked it :D

I promise I'll try to have another chapter out sometimes in the next couple days, so keep an eye out for new chaps👀

have an amazing week,

cath <3