Chapter 24

~~~Selena~~~
As our lips touched I had the weirdest feeling ever. My high reflexes seem to double, a rush of energy flowed in me, and I don't know if I was imagining it or not, but I thought I heard fireworks nearby. Our lips continued to stay together, and the longer it lasted, the more I yearned for it. I wrapped my arms behind his neck, gently pushing him deeper into the kiss. He smirked and placed his hands on my waist. My body seem to mold perfectly into his, as if our bodies were meant to be together.

Just then I heard a voice saying, About time you kissed that boy, my dear daughter. I'm so proud of you.

I quickly pulled back and Percy stared at me with a mixture of confusion, hurt, and concern.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Didn't you hear?" I pulled away from his arms--much to my dismay--and turned around in circles, hoping to find the source of the voice.

"Hear what?" Percy was growing concerned.

"There was a voice, I...I heard a voice." I said, embarassed that I ruined our moment.

Percy looked around and hugged me. "It's okay, Selena. No one's here, and if there was, I'm gonna protect you from them."

I was comforted by Percy's caring words, so I just laid on his chest for a while, breathing in his scent of the ocean that calmed me.

*Camp Half-Blood*
~~~Chiron~~~

"Let get this straight, father talked to you for nearly an hour and didn't wanna talk to me for one second?" Dionysus repeated, irritated that Zeus wouldn't talk to him.

"Your fault." I shrugged.

The god of festivities groaned and said, "Looks like I won't be able to talk him into reducing my centuries in this place."

"We talked important matters, Mr. D. Not just regular chit chat." I rolled my eyes as I cleaned my bow and arrow.

"Well what can be more important than decreasing my centuries in this camp?" Dionysus retorted.

"It's about Selena."

"Oh. What did father say?"

"He said that it is possible that she's a full goddess, but we need more evidence for that." I explained. "I also talked to Aphrodite and--"

"You talked to the goddess of Love and Beauty?!" Dionysus exclaimed, sounding very jealous.

I ignored him and continued. "She admits that Selena is her daughter. In fact, she says that she gave Selena a message today."

"How did Selena react?" Dionysus asked.

"She was frightened when she heard her mother's voice."

"I'm not suprised. Most demigods still doesn't realize their god/goddess parent can communicate with them in their mind."

~~~Annabeth~~~
I didn't know for how long my mouth was hanging open, but I'm guessing pretty long cause when I closed it, it felt sore. Thalia and I were behind a thick bush, far from being seen by Percy and Selena.

"I cannot believe he just did that." Thalia muttered and I pushed her hand down when she tried to raise her spear.

"Don't." I said. Thalia looked at me as if I've gone crazy. "He seems happy...I don't wanna ruin that happiness."

"And you're gonna let yourself be tormented?" Thalia glared at me.

"I'll just have to pray to the gods that Percy will change his mind." I sighed. "All I can do now is suck up, be patient, and...act like I'm doing fine."