Chapter 31

*Camp Half Blood*
~~~Percy~~~

I growled and pushed my fist through the walls of my cabin.

I felt angry. No. Angry would be a vague description of what I feel right now.

I'm like one of those volcanoes that's about to erupt. I can feel the heat of the anger burning in me as it continued to grow every moment I think about what I just saw.

I just don't understand...how could Selena betray me? What did I do to push her away?

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door and Grover came in with Thalia and Annabeth. The anger in me did not waver. In fact I felt more annoyed of their presence.

"Leave," I said sternly and glared at the dusty floor. When was the last time I cleaned this place? "I'm not in the mood."

"Percy, you need to know something." Thalia said carefully. The tone in her voice was different than usual. It was like she's...indecisive. Which is weird cause she's Thalia. She's never indecisive. She always knows what she wants when she wants it. I slowly looked up and she bored her blue eyes into my green ones. I felt a small shudder run through my body as her eyes flickered static electricity.

"Can this wait? Can't you people see I'm not in the mood?" I said and looked away, annoyed. What the hell is their problem? Can't they see I need to clear my head?

"It's about Selena." Grover said and shrinked behind Annabeth as I shot him a glare.

"I don't wanna hear about it." I snarled. "Especially about her."

"This is important! It's all a misunderstanding!" Annabeth yelled, surprising all of us. She never cared much bout my now-ex girlfriend, so why would she defend her? I stared at her gray eyes, the eyes that have seen the adventures that I have seen, and felt confused. For once Annabeth didn't ignore my presence. Which means something's going on.

"You have two minutes." I said and crossed my arms.

Thalia took a deep breath, glad that I was hearing them out, and said, "I won't bore you with the details so I'll get to the point."

I stared at her emotionlessly and waited for her to continue. I tried hard not to let my impatience show. For some reaso there was a part of me that was deeply intrigued by their news about Selena, but a big portion of me just wants to leave and go to the bottom of the lake.

"The girl we brought back home isn't the real Selena." Thalia said carefully. "It's really Serena."

Grover and Annabeth nodded in agreement.

I stared at each face, searching for a hidden joke. There wasn't. I didn't realize my jaw had dropped until I tasted stale air. I really need to clean soon.

"You're lying." I said plainly, regaining composure. But on the inside, my thoughts were swarming around the new information like a bunch of bees to a hive.

"We're not." Grover said as he walked to the door and opened it.

Selena came in. I felt my previous anger rise again as I watched her walk towards us. Was this really the girl I once loved?

I was about to kick her out when I caught her sad eyes and noticed something. They were green and brown, not  the green and gold ones that I've always loved.

It took me a moment till I realied I was staring at Serena's eyes. And then it hit me.

"Now it all makes sense." I said slowly and my friends looked at me confused at my sudden calm voice.

"The bathroom at the harbor! That's why Selena took long. It was because of you!" I exclaimed and shot a finger at Serena. She cringed at my tone but I didn't care. I could feel my body shaking in anger. I've never hurt a girl before, but if it's gonna be Serena, then I'm more than willing to do it. Suddenly there was a loud pop and a sound of clattering ceramic on the floor. The fountain in my room suddenly exploded and we were all drenched with water.

"Percy!" Annabeth exclaimed, shocked as she wringed her blonde hair.

"Let her explain!" Thalia hastily said as she nervously glanced at the lake out the window which was forming big waves.

"Start talking!" I snarled and tried to control the sensation in my gut that wanted to drown Serena.

With a shaky voice, Serena spoke: "The plan was to kidnap Selena at the harbor so I can take her place, which, as you've noticed, worked smoothly. We were planning to make the two of you fight so it would be easier to defeat you. I was up to do it--"

"You were planning to break us up this whole time?!" I yelled and I heard another crash in the bathroom. Grover held me back as I advanced towards the impostor. Serena winced and hid behind Thalia.

"At first, yes." Serena continued, stepping around Thalia but was careful to keep a reasonable distance between us. "But then I got to know you better and I realized how my sister must've felt when she's with you, and I immediately regretted everything. I sent an Iris Message to Luke a while ago to change plans, but then he said he already did."

"Which is?" Annabeth asked, confused. Clearly, Serena didn't mention this part to them.

Serena looked at each one of us and locked eyes with me. "Luke's planning to marry Selena."

"He's gonna what?!" I screamed and there was a loud explosion outside my window. I turned around just to see water in the lake crashing upon us.

"Percy! Stop!" Grover coughed out water. I took a deep breath and concentrated. The water subsided, but my room was wet. I didn't care.

"What are we gonna do now?!" I demanded and grabbed Serena's shoulders.

She winced at my force and said, "We stop the wedding. And fast. The ceremony could be starting right now."

"Let's go then!" I said and bolted for the door.

"Don't be so hasty, Percy!" Annabeth called. "I'm sure there are gonna be a lot of Titans there--including Kronus. If we wanna stop the wedding we need to make sure we have a plan to defeat the Titans first. We should--"

"Let's talk about it on the way." I called back and began running. I haven't even ran for 1 minute but my heart was racing as if I just ran a 10 km race. Mixed emotions were swirling in my mind, but I didn't have time to sort it out. There was only one emotion I could clealy understand.

And it was love.

Don't worry Selena. I'm coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry took long u guys, I went to Tennessee for a week and they didn't have internet there  :P