Chapter 7

*Eating Area, lunch*

~~~Selena~~~

Chiron stood in front of the noisy demigods and impatiently stomped one hoove. Silence immediately filled the air.

"Now, most of you know that we hold chariot races twice a month, and we shall hold the second race tomorrow." Chiron paused as the crowd of demigods roared into applause.

"The rules are the same," Chiron explained for mine's and Serena's behalf. "Each cabin shall prepare their own chariot and they may add whatever is necessary. When we race tomorrow, there shall be two members on the chariot car. One shall be the driver while the other shall be the one who would defend the chariot against other chariots while offending other chariots at the same time. You all shall start working on your chariot today until tomorrow. That is all." Chiron said and left for the Big house.

"What do we do? We're new at this racing thing." I glanced at my sister who seem to be lost in thought.

I was about to repeat myself when a voice came up behind me.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance, Selena."

I turned and saw a boy with dashing blond hair and honey colored eyes.

"Oh boy." Serena finally said as she saw our new friend.

"Hi." I stuttered.

"I'm Malcolm from the Athena cabin." He took my hand and kissed it. "Pleasure to meet you."

"The feeling's mutual." I grinned at his manners. He's good looking, smart, and a gentleman too! This is so awesome! I glanced at my sister and saw she was staring at the Poseidon table where Percy was sitting.

"Malcolm!" I turned and saw Annabeth walking towards us. "What on earth are you doing? We're supposed to design the chariot now!"

"I'm sorry. But I feel I should help this team...they don't know much yet. Besides, you can win this race on your own."

I saw Annabeth blush. She cleared her throat and said, "Very well, Chiron never said anything about cabins helping each other anyway." And with that, she retreated to her table.

"Are you really gonna help us?" I felt myself blush. He hadn't let go of my hand.

"In every way possible." Malcom gently squeezed my hand.

~~~Serena~~~

I have to give points to this Malcom dude for being everything my sister had always wanted, but I wish I can at least get that from someone! Especially Percy!

As I sat on the Aeolus' table I saw Percy's eyes wandering here every now and then. Is he looking at me?! Oh I sure hope he is!

~~~Percy~~~

My pencil snapped again as I tried to make a sketch of my chariot. Unfortunately for me, Tyson, my cyclops half brother, isn't here to help like last time.

"Hey Perce, what's wrong?" Grover appeared next to me.

"Nothing." I mumbled as I fished my pocket for another pencil.

Grover sat across me and smirked.

"What?"

"You like one of those girls at the Aeolus cabin, don't you?"

"Of course not." I answered too fast and Grover's smirk grew.

"Perce, we've been friends for a long time, you think I don't know you?"

"Can't you just help me with my chariot? She's getting help too anyway." I scowled at the Aeolus cabin where Malcom was clearly flirting with Selena.

"You like Selena." Grover laughed.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed. "Where'd you get that?"

"Because one, Selena isn't the only one in the Aeolus cabin. You could've said they're getting help instead of she. And two, you've been looking at her and Malcom every minute or so."

I didn't answer and Grover laughed louder.

"You're also jealous," Grover continued as he wiped tears off his stubby cheeks "that Malcom is flirting with Selena and she likes it."

"Shut up, Grover." I mumbled and left the table with Grover laughing again.

I went to the by my cabin and sat by the water. Was Grover right? Was I falling for Selena? I shaked my head. Impossible. Selena and I hate each other's guts. I won't admit it out loud, but I did feel kinda jealous when I watched stupid Malcom with her. But in my defense I'm probably just jealous cause she's got a smart person to help her in the race.

*Back at the Aeolus' table*

~~~Selena~~~

As Malcom sketched our chariot, I glanced around me to see how everyone was doing. I saw the Poseidon empty and felt disappointed. I wonder why...I glanced next to me and realized Serena's gone. Probably went off to follow Percy wherever the hell he went. I sat down next to Malcom trying to concentrate on the race, and not about a certain jerk who's been on my nerves lately.

*By the Lake*

~~~Serena~~~

I carefully climbed a massive oak tree and sat on its branches silently. I grinned to myself as I got the perfect view of Percy. I know it's stalking, but hey, I wanna get to know him silently so I can know what kind of girl he likes so I can be one. I'm so brilliant. I heard an rustle below me and saw Grover sit next to Percy.

"If you're gonna start talking nonsense, I'm going to drown you in this lake." Percy didn't look up.

Grover sighed and said, "Just be honest with me, Perce."

"With what?"

"Who do you like better between the Aeolus twins, Serena, or Selena?"

I didn't dare breathe for I might miss my dear Percy's answer.

"Like as in, like like?" Percy asked. "As in girlfriend like?"

"Yeah."

Percy thought for a while and said, "Selena."