Chapter 34

~~~Percy~~~
I clicked my pen and swung my sword towards the incoming monsters. They were coming in in large amounts, and just as I prayed for backup I heard my friends wake up from behind me. As I fought a monster I glanced at Selena and gasped as she laid sleeping. I finished off the monster and ran towards Selena.

"She needs to rest more to regain energy!" Serena yelled from the entrance of the cave where she was fighting numerous monsters. "She wasted more energy than I thought!"

"Oh no..." I muttered and looked around the cave. I needed to keep Selena safe from the mosnters. She's too vulnerable to be left behind while I fight. I'm sure that Luke sent these monsters to take her back, and I won't let that happen.

"Percy this is not the time to stare at yoru girlfriend!" Thalia yell was followed by monsters screaming as they got electrocuted.

"I know!" I said, exasperated. I saw monsters coming our way and I stood in front of Selena and fought the each of them. One of them ducked under my arm and raised its claw towards Selena and I swung my sword just as its claw went down to her. I groaned as I continued to battle these idiots. I wanted to wake Selena up so she wouldn't be vulnerable from the monsters, but at the same time I didn't want her to fight with little energy! I stuck my sword in a monster's big belly and as it disintigrated I looked around the cave for any source of water. There was nothing despite the cold temperature in here.

"Percy behind you!" I heard Grover say and I swung my sword behind me and the monster turned to ashes. I panted and looked around. Everyone seemed to be able to defeat the monsters, but there was another figure by the cave. I raised my sword and Luke's face glowed with anger as my sword's light shone against his scarred facem making it look malicious.

"Percy Jackson." He spat and tightened his grip on his double edged sword.

"Luke." I glared and protectively stood in front of Selena. Serena held her up and Thalia, Annabeth, and Grover stood next to me.

"Give back my bride and no one gets hurt." Luke glared back as his eyes moved from me to Selena behind me.

"In your dreams!" I snapped and he clenched his jaw.

"Fine then." He said and I raised my sword just as he thrusted his towards me. Sneaky lil bastard.

"Protect Selena!" I yelled to my friends and they nodded. "Her life is more important than mine!"

~~~Selena~~~
I felt energy creeping back in my body and I slowly opened my eyes to see Serena.

"Thank god your awake!" Serena said, relieved and hugged me. I felt all the anger I had towards her slowly disappear like dirt getting sucked by vaccum.

"What's happening..." I trailed off as I saw Percy fighting Luke. Thalia, Grover, and Annabeth had their own battles against various monsters. It was chaotic everywhere, and I noticed that as Percy fought he was always in front of me. I recognized Kronus creeping through the chaos and he raised his scythe towards Percy.

"Oh no you don't!" I jumped up and swung my fan, slamming Kronus towards the wall of the cave.

"Selena!" Percy said, a look of surprise and relief flooded in his face as he fought by supposed-to-be groom.

Before I could answer I gasped as Kronus suddenly appeared in front of me, his scythe by my neck.

"You may be a full goddess," He crooned, "but you're no match for me."

"Selena!" Percy yelled, panic filling his voice.

"I'll be fine!" I answered, trying to reassure both Percy and I. Serena glared at her former master and raised her fan, but a monster blocked her way.