breakfast confusion

Start from the beginning

Damn, yes sir.

I sighed and closed my door again and decided to take my shower. I opened up the nearest box and pulled up the most decent outfit I could.

I'm too tired to go through the boxes, honestly. I got up and went to the second door as Archer said and there was a small bathroom with all the toiletries you could need.

I didn't take long in the shower and right after, I put on the mint dress that I randomly picked up from the top box.

Since I was too lazy to find sandals or other shoes that would fit my dress, I decided that I was going to wear the same sneakers that I wore yesterday. Besides, I think today will be a hot day.

With my towel, I tried to dry my hair as much as possible. I applied sunscreen, a lipgloss and mascara which I think was enough and when I was satisfied, I went out.

Right when I opened the door, I was surprised that I could smell food being cooked. I went down and with the usefulness of my strong sense of smell, I found myself in the kitchen where Archer was flipping pancakes.

I stood at the arched doorway of the kitchen and processed the scene.

Am I seeing right?

Archer was flipping pancakes and he seemed to just have finished. He was already dressed in casual dark faded jeans and a black shirt.

"Good morning..?" I hadn't even noticed that instead of a greeting, it came out as a question.

"Sit down, breakfast's ready." he simply said.

While still disoriented, I slowly made my way towards the table and sat at one of the many empty chairs.

Archer seems to be very different from the reputation he build for himself or... from the rumours that people created about him.

I could definitely see the nonchalant, quiet and cold part of him, but he wasn't heartless nor hateful. He doesn't exhibit a tyrannical personality either and to be honest, I don't think he would be that kind of person.

Rather, I see a very thoughtful person, he probably doesn't know it himself and someone who is reasonable.

We ate in silence and I didn't know what to say again because what do you say to an Archer Hamilton right? However, to my surprise, he started the conversation first.

"Are you nervous?" he asks and at first I didn't understand for what but then I remembered that I was going to be touring his pack today and that rapidly set my heart racing.

"Ugh, why did you have to remind me. Now I'm nervous." I say unenthusiastically.

What if they're not gonna like me? What if they think that I'm another overbearing Alpha's daughter who so hatefully was mated to their Alpha.

As my worries started to settle it, Archer spoke again.

"Don't worry, I'll be beside you in all times."

That made me stop and look at him and I couldn't help but feel thankful and moved. He must've known or felt that I was nervous and was trying to comfort me.

"Well, how nice of you, Alpha." I tease and chuckled lightly.

After eating and fixing our utensils, Archer and I headed out for the day. I calmed myself and reminded myself that I was my mother's daughter and that I could do this. This is what my mother always trained me for.

I was going to become this pack's Luna and first impressions matter a lot.

"Do I look fine?" I ask Archer and stopped, extending my arms on my side to show him, but then I quickly realize how weird that was because I was indirectly asking him to eye my body. I was immediately so conscious.

To my surprise, Archer smiled at me. "More than fine, stop worrying."

I nodded thoughtlessly, still embarrassed at my sudden request.

I swear, I have no sense of awareness whatsoever.

As we turned right on the corner, people started appearing. At the sight of us, people stopped and their first initial reaction was to curiously look at me but when they remembered that I was beside their Alpha, they bowed briefly.

I kept a smile on my face although I was so nervous inside and I occasionally said hi whenever people greeted Archer and then me.

I hadn't even realized that we made it inside the pack house and we were walking towards the second floor now.

In most pack houses, it was customary to have assembly spaces, living spaces, ballrooms, banquet halls, pack kitchen all in the first floor. It was where most events took place in, minor or major. It was where everyone can come in and just hang out.

The second floor usually had two sides, one for the offices and the other for guest rooms for important people. The third floor or so on were more guest rooms and other spaces like libraries, etc.

I quickly understood that it was the same here as we ascended the stairs and Archer turned left to where the Alpha's office would be.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" Archer said beside me in an attempt to calm me down and I think it helped because I breathed out and felt relieved.

"Right."

As we stopped in front of a decorated door with the Alpha's title, I sensed a few different scents that were already in the room.

I recognized some, but my heart started beating heavily because somehow, I knew that after opening this door, things were bound to change.