"What would an irksome woman want?" Small lamp grass. He could probably make something out of it. If he can attract slimes by concocting potions and mixing ingredients then he most certainly can make small lamp grasses far more capable.

~*~

"You're drowning yourself in your books again."

The acting grandmaster of the knights of Favonius flicked those words out like flies as she digested the reading material right at her hands. She squinted her eyes at words that weren't in her vocabulary. Jean Gunnhildr often asked Lisa to decode every single word or phrase she had trouble with when they were together.

It was either that or about the matters of the seven nations. As the city of peace, she needed to be more aware of the strife that's occurring in each region. What more with the role of being the acting grand master? She needed to learn everything before she turned in her grave and bid farewell to the world.

After the Stormterror incident, she was now able to fully and completely believe anything was possible.

"As a lover of literature and historical controversies, you shouldn't be speaking like that to someone who's ardent in reading." Jean said, her lips unmoving after.

"That is true... but do you know what today is?" Lisa beckoned for her to listen. To at least accept it was her birthday today. Lisa put a hand underneath her chin, observing Jean sitting by her desk. The door-sized window behind her didn't enshroud the view of the moonlight. It painted Jean's skin beautifully with this dark-blue hue cascading all over her body. She glowed ethereally, befitting an elegant and composed woman in any situation presented to her.

"I'd confirm it's indeed my birthday. What then? Should I be excited?"

"You should. Another year of realizing what you can be is a blessing if not a dream."

"And it's also another year close to impending danger. I need to do whatever I can for my people. I let my guard down for a second when that bard was close to getting killed by the Fatui's subordinates." She had to admit. After quenching the dragon's almost uncontrollable state, she took a breath in between the situation thinking it was nearing to an end. She didn't stop to think there were more layers added into the equation. "I've made a crucial mistake as the acting grand master and the role model of this city. I don't plan on being one step late again."

"A lot of humans make careless decisions. You wouldn't be the first, Jean. And that won't be your last either." Lisa pulled the book out of Jean's hands, patting on the cover gently before placing it down on a table. "Don't take the time you can rest for granted. I understand you want to do good for your people but overworking will get you killed before you can even save them."

Jean looked at Lisa and realized how much of a loved one she is to her. She knew the woman was a sadist but her soft and caring side was equally loveable, a rare quality that wouldn't go astray if given the chance to witness.

Jean held her forearm, "Perhaps you're right... I'm not getting much sleep nowadays."

Lisa grinned, "Heart's Desire? Reading fantasy stories when you're living a life of magic already?"

Understanding it was a joke, Jean lightly chuckled. "It builds the imagination. I'm sure it's of use."

The librarian smiled, going beside her and pointing to her window. "The people out there are celebrating your birthday."

"I don't deserve it. If anything, it should be Aether who gets this kind of attention. He, after all, played a huge role in calming down Dvalin along with Venti."