" I don't plan to. Besides, if I was the one who will be carrying you, I'm sure to drop you in a nice, filthy pig puddle filled with shit," he said and flashed him an obviously annoyed smile.

" If I was the princess, I'll be bitch slapping you until you die."

" If I drop you in the puddle, don't scream like a horse towards my ear."

" That's a new look for you, isn't it? You one-eyed bastard. I was sure you were already dead!" Ayato mocked as he fired his kagune towards him. To no avail, Kaneki managed to dodge it all, which was exceedingly unusual for him to be able to do so.

" You're Touka-chan's one and only brother. I won't kill you."

" This is why I say you Anteiku punks are all such wusses!" They continued sending each other punches and kicks, " You little.."

From a distance in a building with green, pale lights switched on, there was a female covered with bandages and a magenta-colored dress that reached her knee. Beside her was a male wearing a long, white jacket and a mask staring at the scenery placed in front of them.

" He's.. gotten stronger, huh?" the female smiled to only receive silence in return, " Is it almost time yet?" 

" Yeah," the male next to her replied.

When a myriad of blackbirds flew across the sky, it was also when Ayato kicked Kaneki, who was in a defensive stance. He used up this chance to make him up in the sky again and released his kagune before he could fall. It was this time where Kaneki couldn't manage to block his attack. The indigo's shard created a quite deep wound in the surface of his opponent's skin but that could never defeat the pain he experienced before. The white-haired male flew back and hit the grey, cold floor and Ayato saw the cut he made on his skin, heal in such a quick period of time.

" Say..  wanna hear a little secret about yourself?" Kaneki asked, still lying on the ground.

" Huh? What the hell are you talking about?" 

" It's about what you're really trying to do in Aogiri."

" There's no way you could know that!" Ayato shouted as he continued to attack him. This time, Kaneki managed to defend himself using his kagune. Kaneki then went closer towards him and kicked his stomach using his knee and his shoulders.

" Shut up and listen. I'm talking," Kaneki barked.

" You little.."

Before Ayato could hit him, he did a backflip using his kagune and stared at the crows flying in the dark, cloudy sky, "It's for protection, right? For the thing that is most dear to you. You're strong. You could've killed me earlier if you wanted to. Ayato-kun, what do you want to accomplish so badly that you'd even join Aogiri?"

" I'll kill you!" Ayato yelled and was about to attack him, not until someone decided to come in and stand in the middle.

" Ayato, I think it's enough," a ( h/c )-haired female whispered, pulling the clothes he wore in order to prevent him from moving, " We did what we have to do, we can leave now."

" Hell, as if!" Ayato ignored her and slapped her hand away, which caused her to grunt and mutter complaints. Ken blinked once, then twice after seeing the sight of the female, trying his best to remember her.

' Is she.. ( Y/n )?' Kaneki thought, softening his eyes, not before he heard the female huff and spoke something that everyone present in that area could hear.

" Noro."

Once she said her comrade's name, a huge kagune hit the ground, creating a gigantic smoke that surrounded the battlefield. That one huge kagune grabbed Ayato harshly, and it successfully managed to trap him.

" Hey, you! Let me go! Noro! Hey!" Ayato continued to wriggle around as Noro took out that device again before running away, leaving the white-haired male and the ( h/c ) female alone. Silence engulfed them, the female did not know what to do, and Kaneki was just taking few glances at her.

" Kaneki.. " she finally muttered and made eye contact with him, smiling at him under her mask, " You did well."

She then rubbed the back of her head, flustered with what she had said before she bowed down and left him dumbfounded. Kaneki cleared his throat and muttered words to himself, quite embarrassed hearing the words ( Y/n ), a lovely ghoul whom he found quite unique unlike the rest, had said. The white-haired male shrugged off the thought and left that place, heading towards another direction.