Ch.18

Jasmine

"OH SHIT! STOKE SAID YES!" Desiree screams excitedly at her phone as we sit in the hotel room and watch Jaiden play with his toys. I gasp and grab her phone, smiling widely when I see he did indeed agree to go out to lunch with her tomorrow.

"Oh shit! I wonder what knocked some sense into him!" I laugh and she nods, then jumps up and starts tearing through her suitcase.

"Oh my god, what am I gonna wear!?" She shrieks, and Jaiden laughs at her from across the room.

"Mommy, Desiree's crazy!" He gets up and comes running over to me, wrapping his arms around my neck and getting in one of his affectionate moods.

"Where's daddy?" He asks, running his curls through my hair and I shrug.

"I don't know, but he'll be back soon." I smiled and he kisses my cheek.

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too, Jai." I say and hold him tightly to me.

"Aww that's so cute." Desiree coos. "I found my outfit! Hey, do you want me and Stoke to babysit for you and Jahseh tonight, while you guys go out on your date?" She asks, throwing her clothes out on the bed and I rake my fingers through Jaiden's hair and shrug.

"I don't know, I don't want to be a bother-"

"Nah, I only wanted to go to try and mingle, but now since Stokeley confirmed our lunch date, it's fine!" She smiles and I nod then lean Jaiden back.

"You gonna be a good boy for Desiree and Stoke tonight while me and daddy go out?" I ask and he nods, then grabs my arms and buried himself deeper into my chest.

"Yes." He mumbles and I kiss his head as he starts to fall asleep. Suddenly, there's a rhythm knock on the door and Desiree gets it, opening it up widely letting Stoke walk in and smile at us.

"Hey, Desiree." He hugs her, making her blush and then comes to me.

"Aye Jasmine. Hey and sorry for everything." He smiles and then leans down, kissing Desiree's cheek, then walk out of the room.

"Well that wasn't weird." I say slowly and she blushes brightly then giggles.

"Yeah... I wonder what that was all about and I wonder why he's so nice now." She shrugs and then flops on the bed gently, not wanting to wake Jaiden up.

"Jasmine, you should probably start getting ready." Desiree suggests, and I nod then start rummaging through my suitcase next.

"I wonder where Jahseh is though." I sigh out and she frowns.

"Yeah, where did he go? I didn't hear him say he was going anywhere, did you?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"Not that I know of, hopefully he'll show up before it's time to go." I wave a hand and then continue picking out my outfit for tonight.

~•~

About an hour till we needed to leave, Jahseh came back and he was acting weird. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but he wouldn't look me directly in the eyes when talking to me and he was very quiet. I hope I didn't do anything to make him mad. I mean we just started to get back on good terms, well at least that's what I thought. I fluff up my curls and smile as Desiree finishes the last one for me.

"There, all done boo!" She smiles softly, and I turn around and hug her.

"Thanks for this Des, I really appreciate you doing this for me and being such a good friend even after knowing each other for only a couple of days." I say softly, and she smiles widely.

"Girl, no problem. I swear we're going to be best friends after this trip. Go on and have fun, and don't let Jahseh's mood swings bring you down." She says and I frown.

At least I'm not the only one who noticed.

I walk back out into the room and smiled a little as Jahseh plays patty cake with Jaiden.

"Alright, Jaiden we're leaving now. Give mommy a kiss." I say and he jumps up on the bed and clings onto me, giving me a small peck on the lips.

"I love you mommy, see you later."

"Alright baby. Be good for Des and Stoke." I say kissing him on his cheek and then sitting him back down on the bed. He gives Jahseh a kiss too and then we both leave silently out of the room. The walk out of the is really quiet and awkward, and it's really getting on my nerves.

"What's wrong with you?" I finally ask, halfway walking through the resort to the beach party and Jahseh stops walking and looks at me, sympathetically.

"Jas-"

"Jahseh?" A girl calls his name and I turn to see a pretty girl with puffy curly hair with hazel eyes, smiling at him.

"Jade." He breathes out, and I raise a brow.

"Uh..."

"Jasmine... I can't do this." He says truthfully, and I nod knowing exactly what he means.

"I understand..." I say softly, and the Jade girl comes over and smiles.

"Hey." She says and I nod towards her.

"Hi."

"Are you gonna be joining us to the party?" She asks, and I feel a pain in my chest knowing that he invited her, but still let me get all pretty, thinking we were going together.

"Um no... I was just talking to him about our son." I say softly and her eyes widen, but I put up a hand.

"We aren't together though..." I pause and look behind her at Jahseh.

"We never were." I whisper and smile tightly.

"Have a great time." I mumble then turn and walk sadly rejected back to the hotel.

That was the most fucking embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me in my life...

jay-the-girl