Ch. 21

Jasmine

Oh god, I'm staring!

"You know, I was just looking at some cereals when all of a sudden I look up and Noah's gone-" He starts telling me how he lost his son and found mine.

"So I try not to freak, cause I'm a guy, but then I see your son's hair thinking he's my son and I go up to him and pick him up, only to see brown eyes instead of hazel. I felt weird, picking someone's else's child up. I apologized to him and set him down, but then I started to notice he wasn't running off towards anyone, he was just standing there. I felt like I should've brought him with me and helped him find his parents, cause I'd want the same to happen to my son-"

"And it did." I cut in, making him smile.

"My bad, I was talking too much." He mumbles, then closes his eyes briefly and quickly snaps them back open, shakes his head and quickly flashes me a sad smile before thanking me quietly again and stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Come on, Noah." He mumbles, and I look down to see Jaiden and Noah still clinging to our legs, but now having a poke war while giggling silently. Noah looks up.

"Daddy, can Jaiden come to our house?" He asks, and Noah's dad, who's name I really wish I knew, looks at him with a panicked expression.

"I'm sure they have to get back to their family, but maybe we could give them our number for a play date at-"

"MCDONALD'S!" Jaiden screams.

"THEY HAVE A PLAYHOUSE!" He cheers again, and I roll my eyes.

"Or what about Chuck E. Cheese? They-"

"YAY!" Jaiden and Noah both shout and let our legs go, grabbing each other's hand and twirl in circles.

"You know, sometimes under all those curls I swear he's a girl." I giggle lightly and Noah's dad laughs.

"Yeah, but you're okay with meeting up at Chuck E. Cheese for them?" He raises a brow and I nod.

"Of course." I then watch him take his hands out of his pocket, revealing his phone.

"Okay. What's your number?" He looks down at me and I smile softly.

"309..." I start and he smiled gratefully then puts the rest of the number and then he tilts his head.

"Your name?"

Duh!

"Oh! Right." I blush.

"Jasmine. J-a-s-m-i-n-e." I spell it out and then literally almost die of swooning over him as he furrows his brows and drags the glasses from the top of his head down over his eyes and types my name.

"Got it." He looks up at me and takes off his glasses.

"Great, and yours?" I raise a brow, pretty anxious to know and he smiled a little.

"It's Kentrell." He smiles a bit wider.

"But Trell for short, 309..." He starts his number and I get it and then nod.

"Okay well, me and Jaiden still have to do some more shopping. What day would you like to meet up?" I ask and he lifts his eyes to the ceiling, thinking about it, but Noah tugs on his hand and smiled.

"Tomorrow, daddy." His eyes light, but Trell frowns.

"It's your day with grandma tomorrow." He scolds him.

"But-"

"Hey, it's fine. I'm good up until Thursday night, so just let me know." I slip my phone into my purse and he nods.