Ch. 5

Jasmine

"Damn girl, you are very beautiful. What's your name?" The guy asked. I smiled shyly.

"Thank you, and my name's Jasmine." I say, blushing. He grins and chuckles lightly.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful woman. A gorgeous woman at that." He says, looking me up and down. I giggled and he licks his lips leaning closer.

"So Jasmine... how about we exchange numbers and get to know each other. You seem like a really amazing woman, and I'd really like to see how far we can-" He gets cut off by that annoying and familiar voice.

"Aye nigga, that's my baby mama. Move." Jahseh says, tilting his head to the side, glaring harshly at him. The guy's mouth drop open a bit and he gives me a look, then he stands up abruptly, walking away. I frown and shout after him.

"I was gonna mention it, asshole!" I rolled my eyes and land them on the one and only.

"Jahseh..." He sits in the spot the guy just abandoned and relaxes in his seat, staring at me hard.

"Jasmine..." I frown and nod towards the entrance of the diner.

"Why the hell would you do that? I was about to get his number!" He looks at me in annoyance and speaks lowly.

"You have a fucking kid, Jasmine." I scoff and laugh loudly.

"So what!? That doesn't stop you from getting laid throughout the fucking week! And in high school you still got laid even with me walking around pregnant with your son. Every girl knew, but did they care? No! You and every girl in the school basically lived in the janitor's closet. Like where the hell was the fucking janitor at!?" I shriek up an octave then blush a little, noticing I just rambles. He laughs.

"You done? You good?" I cross my arms and then notice he doesn't have Jaiden. I frown.

"Where's my son?" I asked. Jahseh rolls his eyes and breathes out sharply.

"He's with Stoke cause I need to talk to you about something." I raise an eyebrow, urging him to go on.

"Stoke thinks that it will be good for Jai that you and me will get along better if we go on a family vacation." I laugh loudly and smack my hands on the table.

"What!? That's funny! And you agreed to this shit? Jah, you can't even deal with me for an hour, not even a couple of days!" I throw my head back in laughter and Jahseh groans.

"Whatever, bro. Stoke's coming with us and it ain't for a couple of days. It's for three weeks." I stop laughing and stare at him intensely.

"Three weeks!? Oh, hell no!"

"Mhm. We already booked the stuff, so yo' ass need to start packing for you and Jaiden today. We leave tomorrow at noon." He says this calmly like it's normal and expected. I lean back in the booth and frown.

"Jah, what if I had something important to do?" Now he laughs and leans back, staring at me. I swallow the nervous lump in my throat and his eyes shine with humor.

"C'mon Jasmine, we both know you ain't got shit to do."

"Shut up!" He continues to laugh and I narrow my eyes at him.

I get up from the booth we're sitting at and stand up. Jahseh reached out, grabbing my hand and he shocks me. Not the static type where it hurts a little, but a type that made me feel warm inside. We both feel it and he pulls back quickly as I snatch my hand away.

"I appreciate you for coming on the trip with us." He says, awkwardly clearing his throat. I nod scared of what I'll say if I open my mouth. I turned around and walked out of the diner and the warm air, feeling flushed.

Maybe this vacation thing will be good for me and Jahseh. Maybe we can finally get along for Jaiden's sake.