"Can I see them?" I asked, my voice coming off so soft.

"Of course. They are at my house." he said and there's a small smile on his face. "You can come over and see them any time you want or I can even bring them here."

"I'd like to see them at your house."

"Then it's a date." Nate said, the cheer clear in his throat. I playfully smacked his chest.

"We haven't even finished this date." I said, scrunching up my nose at him. Nate laughed and leaned down, rubbing his nose against mine.

"I'm just making sure there's another." Nate said and I giggled, pulling a way from him. I tilted my head to the side and pressed a kiss to his cheek and another so close to his lips. Nate wraps his arms around me, trying to pull me in for another kiss but I slipped right out of his arms.

"Let's make lunch."

"But I want to kiss you." Nate said and I grinned.

I moved closer and smacked a kiss on his lips.

"No, no. That just won't do." Nate said, getting off the couch. I let out a loud eep sound before running towards the kitchen. Nate catches up to me, one arm slipping around my waist as he pushes me gently against the kitchen counter, moving closer so he was pressed up against me while his lips met mine.

He softly moved his lips against mine as we kissed. My right hand curling around his shoulder as we kissed. We pulled apart a couple of seconds later and I just couldn't keep the smile off my face. Nate wrapped his arms around my waist, moving along with me as I looked through the cupboard and the little pantry. We had enough ingredients for prawn bruschetta with lemony fennel salad and there were some store bought pudding in the fridge that we could eat for dessert.

It took me eight minutes to prep the fennel fronds, get some lemon zests andjuice, some olive oil and seasoning and once I was done I shooed Nate towards one of the kitchen stools.

"You look so cute when you're concentrating." Nate said and it was so sudden that I almost dropped the pan of water I was holding. My cheeks were so hot and I can not with this man.

"Nate... stop it."

I placed the pan of water to boil and then added the fennel slices so they could boil till they were tender. Nate helped brush some slices of bread with some oil and I placed them in a hot griddle pan, toasting both sides.

"What's next?" Nate asked as he watched me move around the kitchen.

"I rub each slice with a little bit of honey and placed the funnel salad between them, the prawns on top and some rucola sprinkled on it." I said and Nate moves so he's standing right beside me. With his help, I got everything ready and soon we were back in the sitting room, tray of food on our laps and a glass of cold juice beside the plate of food.

I watched with bated breath as Nate takes his first bite of his food

I watched with bated breath as Nate takes his first bite of his food. Food that I made for him. I hoped he liked it. Nate doesn't say a word but he polishes off two slices of bread.

"Well?" I asked, patience flying out the window. I just wanted to know if he liked it or not. I hope he did. I had so much food that I wanted to make for him.

"This is the best thing I've ever eaten." Nate said. "It tastes so freaking amazing, angel." he said and I cheered internally. I pushed down the urge to jump off the couch and maybe squeal in happiness.

If I blushed any more, my cheeks would permanently be pink. I am just so happy he likes it.

"I always thought you were a good cook but this... this is something else."

"Oh my goodness, Nate. It's just a little thing thrown together for lunch." I said, taking another bite of my food. It does taste good though.

"It's still amazing." he said, smiling widely at me. "You deserve a compliment for everything you do."

"Nate..."

"No arguments, angel." he said. "Let's eat."

We ate the remainder of our lunch in silence and even though I kept protesting, Nate helped pack up and wash the dishes. He wipes his hand on a napkin and gently asked where the bathroom was. I had just pointed him towards the bathroom when the door bell went off.

I hummed as I made my way over to the door, nearly skipping.

"Who is it?"

"It's Arlen. Hurry up, I'm carrying a lot of stuff."

Panic settles in and I quickly turned around. Shit. Nate was in the bathroom and my best-friends were right outside my apartment. I couldn't send them back though. I just...

I opened the door and Arlen barged, he was holding a bunch of shopping bags and Key was right behind him, holding even more.

"We've been calling and texting you for ages. Where's your phone?" Key asked as he shut the door behind him.

"I...uh... its somewhere here." I said. "What is all this?"

"We got Jaden some clothes and there are also some items for you in here." Arlen said, grinning brightly at me.

The echo of the bathroom door being shut echoed and my best-friends turned to me. Right, Cil. They were going to meet anyway. It's better than later and really, there wasn't anywhere I could hide Nate and it would look weird. We just started seeing each other and I didnt't want him to think I was weird.

So when Nate walked into the sitting room, I did the best thing I could.

"Key, Arlen, this is Nate Irving." I said, gesturing towards my Nate. "Nate, these are my best friends, Keenan and Arlen Aplin."

😂😂cil

Leave a feedback ❤️