35(PC) - Charles Leclerc

Start from the beginning

XOXOX

Climbing into the car, Nate did my last vehicle safety checks as Charles handed me my helmet. "It will be fun," I told him. "Get in the arena with Nate and watch."

"Just be safe out there," he reminded me before he kissed me on the cheek. 

"Always," I laughed before I placed the helmet over my head. Charles closed the door before he returned to my cousin. 

Once I was happy the helmet was on my head safely, I started the loud engine of the car. I smiled to myself as I felt like I was home. Driving out onto the track, I felt so comfortable, like I was meant to be. There was nowhere I would rather be than here. 

I listened, as I got my car going around the doughnut-shaped track. After a few minutes, I heard the loud siren signalling the start of the race. I knew nine times out of ten, the winner was the last one standing. I was planning to get through to the other races. 

Moving around the track, I listened to the loud roar of the dirty engines, the roar of the crowd, the man doing the commentary and the music playing too. I put my car into the side of a volvo that was doing nothing spinning the car around letting me move on with my race. 

I went around the track, my eyes watching for some sign that something could happen, that I could make a move. There was a loud cheer, dirty air filled the track as a crash happened in front of my eyes. This was what I lived for, I couldn't dodge it though, a car ramming into the back of mine pushing me into the wreckage. 

GRinning to myself, I felt another car hit into the front of mine. This was typical of the first race, make a bloody mess and upset a few drivers. I revved my engine hoping to move out but felt another car smashing into the back again, pushing me further into the crash. 

There was cheers, a lot of noise from the crowd as I smelt a strange burning smell. 

My eyes widened as I looked at the hood of my car, it was mine on fire. 

"Fuck," I mumbled as I reached for my seat belt only to feel another shunt from the side. 

The flame then began to grow from the front of my car. I watched panicked as I tried to unlock my seatbelt, panic ripping through me. This didn't happen, this wasn't meant to happen. 

Once I got my belt off, I realised the only place to go was through the front of the car. I was so grateful for gloves at this moment in time. 

There were people making sounds, the siren ringing stopping the race. I grabbed the side of the car, pulling myself up and onto the hood of the car, managing to not step on the flame but still feeling the heat in my boots as I went to climb on the top of my car before another car joined the crash, a slight shockwave rushing through the cars. I tried to grab something to stop me from falling back, but I had nothing to grab, I slipped back, my back straight onto the flames rising from my car. 

My mind was almost blank, nothing seemed to be there for a brief second. 

Then the pain hit, the pain from hitting the hot metal. I could feel the heat through my overalls but I prayed they were doing their job as I felt someone grab me and pull me off quickly.

For a second, everything seemed to disappear before I hit the ground. 

"Av," I heard my name being said but I didn't know who it was. 

I opened my eyes, my eyes landed on Jack, another racer who had become good friends with myself and Nate. "Did I win?" I asked as I tried to chuckle, instead, I grimaced at the pain that shot through me. 

Paramedics sounded me as I tried to wave them off. 

"I'm fine," I lied as I felt the pain in my body. "I'm good."

"Av!" I heard Nate shout my name.

When I turned my head, the pain shot through me again as I managed to see him. With him was Charles, I pushed myself to sit up as I looked over trying to act as if I was fine. 

"What happened out there?" Charles asked me as he looked at me with concern on his face. 

"Ahh," I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. "It's just another day in the office." Even talking was hard for me. I didn't want anyone to know though. 

When Charles reached for my hand, I took it letting him help me to my feet. I felt sickness rush through me as I got to my feet. Opening my mouth to speak, I felt something trickle out. 

"We've got to get her to the hospital right now." Charles sounded panicked as he looked at me, his hands reaching for my waist to steady me. "Av, you need to go."

Reaching up, I touched the liquid before I looked at it. My eyes widened, realising it was blood coming out of my mouth. Nodding, I let him guide me as I almost felt empty. I couldn't speak, only let everything almost happen around me.