Chapter 16

I slept with Freia for about three days until she realized I was pregnant once again. At first I grew scared but seeing her excitement on her face made me relax.

"I can see that your scared, but this time will be different."

I smiled weakly as she laid her hands on my stomach right before getting out of bed and getting dressed.

I was about to get dressed as well so that I could visit with Hunter only to have Freia stop me.

"I'm you are not to leave this bed. It's clear to me last time that you over exercised yourself which is why our first born didn't make it. You are to stay in bed. I will get you a personal slave to feed and bathe you."

"It's only a few days old. And if you are to get me a slave then shouldn't I be the one to pick them out?" I really don't trust her judgment. Plus I didn't want one anyway . So if I could convince her not to get me one then that would be best.

"Just this once. It's getting colder each day so be sure to dress warmly."

Finally getting out of bed I step outside only to shiver as I felt the cold breeze pierce my skin. It was never this cold back at home. I could feel Freia get closer to me making me sigh heavily as I felt her warmth radiate from her body.

"The slave trader should be here by now. As soon as you pick one you will return home immediately."

Nodding my head I accepted my fate mostly because I was far to cold.

As we walked towards the edge of her village I could see a huge crowed lined up making me frown as we squeezed passed them. Well not so much as squeeze, one look from Freia practically made them scatter.

As I saw the man in front of me pointing to each slave I could not understand them.

"Go ahead. I do not care which one you pick."

I didn't want to be here. But a lot of them looked older and tired as if they had been traveling a long time. Walking a bit further in the back I spot a horse connected to the horse looked to be like a moving cell, however I couldn't see inside it. Walking closer I found the door and peeked inside the bars only to see a little pale girl who looked to be about 4 years old. She had cuts and bruises all over her body and her hair looked unkept. My heart broke.

Looking back I see Freia eyeing a relatively large man making me shake my head.

"Freia!" I called gaining her attention.

"What is it?"

"I want this one."

She peaked into the cell and frowned deeply.

"She's a child. A child can not protect you or take care of you when I'm gone."

"Freia. Please. I can take care of myself, after all your the one who taught me how to use a sword. I'll be fine just please let me save this little girl."

She looked contemplative until I gave her my best puppy dog eyes I could muster making her sigh heavily as she went to go talk to the sells man.

She came back seconds later with the man as she shook her head.

"Sorry. But he says she's not for sale. She's meant to go East were she sill be killed."

"What why?!"

The man suddenly spoke in my language taking me a bit by surprise.

"She is a hybrid. Hybrids are incredibly dangerous and untrainable. When a Hybrid is born they are meant to be put to death. It's just the rules."