"I know this is quite spontaneous, but I assure you it's for your own good. What pains me is that some of you aren't here with us yet...." She was telling all of us.

Oh right..

The Sports Stars who couldn't come back day before yesterday...and ended up rescheduling for this evening....

Like Ivandor... Looking through the hall, I couldn't find Prissy too. Or even Shade...

So, Mrs. Patricia went onn to talk to everyone about all sorts of things - teenage lives, Understanding one another, working together, tolerance and Forgiveness, and all of that.

"...We should learn to accept everyone beyond all their flaws. We all here have our own flaws too, whether small or big and we wouldn't want anyone picking that out and throwing it to our faces to shame us. We'd feel it's unfair. Why? Because we know it's not our faults we aren't perfect. No one is . Not one of us. We aren't all perfect here, we all seated here have our own demons fight within..am I right?" Mrs. Patricia was saying to everyone.

The faces of my classmates were actually understanding. Eyes softened, faces slightly gloomy, like each and everyone of them was going through their list of imperfections in herir head. Silent whispers, agreeing to what the guidance counselor said could be heard amongst them as well.

Ofcourse, they all had their own demons to fight....

I wasn't the only imperfect person in the room..

They all were also imperfect..they also had their flaws..

"And so what if one person's flaws may be too much? It doesn't still change the fact that they're still growing. No human is all good or all bad, no matter how bad a person may seem, there's always, always some bit of good left in them. You may see that in them if you gave them a chance and looked deeper .... beneath what is glaring on the outside ...." She told us.

Like my mum had told me..

Looking beneath what you percieve people to see on the outside... looking to see those little things about them...

"Pushing them away wouldn't help you bring out that good they may be quenching deep down there. In fact, the more you push them away, the more they have to reason to not be good. In fact, for no reason whatsoever, should we make anyone feel inferior or bad. Let's stop the cycle of hate and promote love instead. Let's stop trying to kill that little bit of good left in people.. " She said to everyone.

We all listened to the woman as she spoke, everyone was all ears, totally understanding what she was saying. Pondering on her words silently. Meditating on them.

"Discriminating others just because their flaws may be bigger or more visible than yours is never the right way to leave. Instead, let's bring everyone together and work towards unity and love. Little by little, we may actually have an effect on them. Of course no human can be perfect, but if there is anything close to perfection...we can attain it by accepting each other and working together to achieve the best versions of ourselves. Why don't we work on uplifting ourselves, as well as everyone around us?" Mrs. Patricia was still going on.

The whole hall was pin drop silent. Everyone, quietly moping at the woman. More faces, softening accordingly.

"So, tell me one reason, why Giwa Falade cannot be friends with all of you.. is it her mistakes? Her flaws? How many mistakes have you made in your life? How would you feel if you were reminded of them everyday? How many flaws do you hide? How would you feel if someone kept throwing it back to your face every second? Don't you think it's unfair for Giwa to be treated that way? Like an outcast? Just because of her mistakes? Or her flaws?" She asked everyone.