chapter iv » obsessed

Start from the beginning

Realization struck. "Oh." You glanced at your wrist and tugged down your sweater sleeve. "That's Connor Bowers' number. We're planning on meeting up this weekend to study together."

The boys stared at you. "Bowers?" Richie, Eddie, and Mike had all managed to ask at the same time, the three of them sporting a look of concern. Stan and Bill looked at each other and then stared awkwardly at their feet.

"What? What am I missing?"

"You– you shouldn't b–be hanging out wh–with that guy," Bill said, he looked genuinely concerned.

"Why not?" You didn't quite believe what you were hearing. He seemed nice. It must've been pretty bad for all the losers to have a mutual dislike for the boy.

"His cousin was... quite the character." Mike frowned.

"I mean, Connor didn't have a very good reaction when I told him Richie's my brother." You scratched the back of your neck awkwardly. Your face began to heat up out of embarrassment, since they all disapproved of your exchange with Connor. "He promised to not hold it against me, though. It'd make me a b*tch if I ignored him because of his cousin then, wouldn't it?" You asked and shrugged your shoulders. "Listen, if his cousin's a murderer or something, I promise I won't talk to Connor ever again." You laughed half-heartedly, trying to lighten the tense conversation. Your efforts only seemed to... worsen the mood?

Bill gave Richie a pleading look. Once again, you felt as though you were the only one in the group who wasn't clueing onto something.

Richie shot daggers at the brown-haired boy. "I think," your brother hesitated, "Y/N's right. That's not fair to Connor."

You gave him a small smile. "I can always count on you, Rich."

An hour later - Richie's room

* 3rd person POV

"What the f*ck was that?" Bill yelled and shoved Richie, causing his glasses to hit the floor.

"I thought we agreed: no Pennywise sh*t!" Richie yelled back.

"This has no–nothing to do with that f–fu–f*cking clown! This is about Y/N hanging out w–with Henry Bowers' douchebag cousin! H–he could be d–da–dangerous!"

"I know my sister! If we don't give her any freedom, she'll start figuring stuff out for herself. She'll figure out about what Bowers did—about Pennywise. She doesn't like being left in the dark, so let's just make her feel like she isn't." The boy squinted and reached for his glasses off the floor. "Besides, last I checked, you're the only one keen on telling her."

"I think she has the right to know," Stan said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Oh? Is that so?" Richie gave a maniacal laugh, dripping with sarcasm. "Just hours ago you guys were spitting venom at each other—now, by some sudden change of heart, you're siding with McStutter over here?"

"I don't want something to happen to her."

Bill laughed sarcastically, wiping a pretend tear from under his eye. "Stop pl–please, you're m–making me tear up." He then glared at Stan. "You don't care a–anymore now than you did be–before. The only reason you w–w–wanna tell Y/N about Bowers is cause you've g–grown a little obsessive over her and you don't want her h–hanging out with another dude."

"Obsessive?" Stan dug his hands into his pockets. "Are you f*cking serious?"

"Woah, woah, woah!" Richie raised his hands in the air. "Can you guys take a break from being such horndogs for just one second? This is my sister you guys are talking about!"

Eddie choked on his water. "Horndogs?"

"Richie, no," Bill scoffed, "don't call me a horndog that's th–the d–dumbest thing I–I've ever heard. And I don't like Y/N, Stan d–does."

"Maybe I do," Stan scrunched up his nose, "what would it matter? How about you mind your own business? Would you like it if I went waltzing around, going 'Oh, Bill has such a big fat crush on Y/N?' " He mocked.

Before Bill could retort or anyone could add a comment, the door creaked open. As everyone stayed still, their breaths hitched in their throats, a head popped in through the door.

Y/N.

She looked at the boys with blushing cheeks and turned to Stan, addressing what she had just heard. "Bill likes me?"

* Word Count: 1198 *

———
A/N: This is so trash skdjsnsbs