chapter iii » painfully oblivious

September 26th – Bill's house

* 3rd person POV

It now had been around three weeks since Y/N had moved to Derry, and Bill couldn't help but ask Richie a specific question. "You told her, r–right?"

The curly-haired boy took his eyes off his Death's Head comic. "Told her what?"

Bill groaned. "You know wh–what! Stop acting s–so clueless," he looked out his bedroom window," Y/N's helping M–Mike delivery meat right now, you don't have t–to pretend."

Stan scoffed. "Why should she need to find out about what happened? Her life hasn't been that great so far, why make her worry?"

Amid the bantering, Eddie was giving Richie a look of disgust as he excessively licked his thumb to flip the page of his comic book. Richie was still acting as though he had no idea what the boys were talking about.

"What if It c–c–comes back?" Bill was now standing, a finger pointed at Stan.

"It only comes out every twenty-seven years, Ben has proof of that." Stan countered. "Let's not scare her with something she won't even be around to see."

"It's a f–f*cking cl–clown that can warp people's minds! It can probably come out h–hiber–hibernation whenever the f–f*ck it wants!" Bill gave Stan a stare that looked as though it could bore holes through his skull. "Why are you p–pretending to care, when you cl–clearly don't? You just don't want to confront the i–issue because you're too scared—hoping th–that if y–you ignore it it'll go away."

Stan stood up to be at eye-level with Bill. "That's not true."

"If Ge–Georgie had been warned about P–Pennyw–wise he'd maybe still be here, but he's—

"Everyone shut the f*ck up!" Richie yelled, the lanky boy now towering over the pair. "I don't know about you guys, but I like having someone around who doesn't have trauma from a child-eating clown. Y/N finally has friends and she's happy—and I'm not letting anyone take that away from her."

Two hours later

* Y/N's POV

"Come on guys! Please?" You begged the boys. "So what if it's a bit chilly? I've never been, I want to see it." You couldn't believe they didn't want to go to the quarry with you.

"Y/N," Eddie added quickly, "it's the end of September we could get hypothermia or something."

Pfft... A reasonable excuse? That wasn't going to stop you. You were as stubborn as a mule, and your friends were well aware of that. Deep down they all knew that the odds of you backing down were next to none.

You dropped your gaze to the floor. "Fine," The boys seemed shocked by your surrender, as well as relieved, "I'll go by myself then!" You yelled triumphantly. You made a break for the exit, laughing like a maniac. Though your plan of escape was thwarted as Eddie grabbed the back of your shirt. You attempted to pry his hands off, only to get tackled to the ground by your brother. You struggled to move, as the tall body had you pinned to the ground.