chapter iv » obsessed

September 27th - Derry High School

* Y/N's POV

"Class dismissed." You woke up with a small jump, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. You grabbed your Health books and headed out of the classroom with the herd of juniors. You wiped your face with your hand and felt dry drool on the corner of your mouth—gross.

"Nice nap?" You looked up from your shoes to see a boy with messy blond hair and bright blue eyes. You couldn'r recall ever meeting this guy. "Connor Bowers." He reached out his hand.

"Y/N Tozier." You shook his hand.

He raised an eyebrow at you, "Tozier... as in Richie Tozier?" You couldn't decipher the look on his face, he didn't seem disgusted or angered, but it definitely wasn't a positive reaction.

You chuckled, "Seems as though Richie has tarnished my reputation before I even got to make a first impression." Connor smiled, revealing a small gap between his front teeth. You couldn't lie, he wasn't too bad to look at. "Don't hold it against me, I've been told my brother and I are pretty different."

"Maybe once the Sex Ed part of Gym is done we can get put in the same team. Form an alliance, or whatever. I can play some pretty kick*ss badminton." You both laughed.

"Y/N!" You whipped your head around at the sound of Stan's voice.

You gave Connor an apologetic look. "Sorry, I've got to go. I promised the boys we could all go for ice cream together before the shop closes for the season." He seemed slightly disappointed. "Maybe we can study for the test on Monday together? Maybe during lunch break before 3rd period?"

"I'd like that," he had a rather bright smile on his face, "I can give you my number?" He asked as he pulled a pen from his binder. You nodded and you lent him your hand. He cocked an eyebrow at you and you shrugged. He wrote his number on your wrist. "See you around, Y/N." You smiled and scurried off.

"What was that about?" Stan asked with a slight frown.

You linked your arm with Stan's, he looked away as a slight blush covered his cheeks. "Me and Connor were just discussing next week's test."

He gave a small 'ah' and you both walked arm in arm to find the rest of the club.

———

"Pistachio isn't for old men!" Eddie testified.

"It's gross," Bill emphasized by fake gagging, "first off, nuts shouldn't be in ice cream. Secondly, it doesn't even taste like pistachios!"

You silently lapped away at your ice cream, only giving a slight shrug or rolling your eyes when it felt appropriate.

"Two 'o' seven," you heard Richie say, seemingly struggling, "eight... is that supposed to be a four or a nine?" You raised an eyebrow at him. "That must be the sh*ttiest handwriting I've ever seen! What the f*ck is that even?"