chapter v » an idiot for falling

Previously:

Previously:

Bill scoffed, "I don't like Y/N, Stan does."

"Maybe I do," Stan scrunched up his nose, "what would it matter? How about you mind your own business? Would you like it if I went waltzing around, going 'Oh, Bill has such a big fat crush on Y/N?'" He mocked.

Before Bill could retort or anyone could add a comment, the door creaked open. A head popped in through the door.

Y/N.

She looked at the boys with blushing cheeks and turned to Stan, addressing what she had just heard. "Bill likes me?"

———

* 3rd person POV

Stan's breath hitched in his throat, he couldn't find the words to say, as he stood facing the girl he had grown fond of.

Bill himself tried to recover the situation, but he was a stuttering mess, "I, uhh– Y–you w–weren't sup–supposed to h–hear" he let out a frustrated sigh as he struggled to form a sentence. "Th–that's not r–really wha–what's going– I mean, I—

Y/N raised her arm in an act of surrender. "Listen, I should've just minded my own business, that wasn't for me to hear," she chuckled slightly. "I won't lie though, I might have had the slightest crush on you. When we first met, I couldn't help but notice you're cute, and when you let me wear your jeans on the first day, I thought that was sooo nice." Bill gave her a sheepish smile. He stood there, not knowing what to say. He didn't exactly like like you, but there was definitely potential for something like that. He figured there was no harm in you thinking he did.

There was a tension in the air that proceeded, too prominent to go unnoticed.

Y/N coughed, "I'm gonna go make some Kraft Dinner." She said this as cheerfully as she could manage, after such an awkward exchange with one of her best friends it was easier said than done.

"So my sister comes back to Derry and not one, but two of my best friends fall for her?" Richie laughed a bit at what he had just said. "You guys are a bunch of horndogs. I'm allowed to say it 'cause now I know for a fact it's true."

Bill sighed as he combed his hand through his hair, "I'm gonna go outside to get some air."

Eddie turned to Stan, as Bill and Mike headed out the door, "So, when're you gonna tell her?"