stealing

"mom, can i borrow the car?"

it was a wednesday night when clay asked his mom that.

"what? no! you dont even have a lisence-"

"i have a permit! i can take sapnap-"

"clay. i already know what your gonna do with the car."

clay was confused, "what? what am i going to do, mom?"

"your gonna go get drunk at punz's house again!"

"what?! no i wont! i can just walk to his house."

"its a school night, anyways."

"please!"

"no."

"what if i take that church boy... george? with me. instead of sapnap?"

she thought for a minute, "what are you planning on doing?"

clay responded almost to fast, "just going to the supermarket. it should only take an hour or so."

"fine. be back by 9 and im only letting you go because your with george-"

"thank you! i love you!" clay said, kissing his mother on the cheek before he ran out to the car, starting it up.

he drove for a few minutes, pulling up to a rather big house in a suburban neighborhood, he knew this was for sure georges house because it was directly across from the church.

he pulled in front of the house, taking note of the barking dog in the window and the freshly cut grass.

he knocked three times, praying to god george would awnser so that he didnt need to speak to any of his family members.

suddenly, the door was pulled open, but instead of george, he was met with a little girl.

"hi." she spoke quietly, looking up to clay.

dream rolled his eyes, "hi. is your brother home?" he asked.

"yeah! will!?" she turned around, calling out to the stairs.

"no! no." dream said immediately, "your other brother." he said.

"george?" she asked.

"yeah... george. why?"

"woah! cool! i didnt think that george hung out with cool people. george!" she yelled again, the young boy coming down the stairs after a few moments.

dream smiled at what georges sister said, "mary! go back inside."

after the little girl left the two, george stepped outside, coming face to face with the tall boy.

"what're you doing here?" george asked, suddenly clay grabbed his hand, dragging him to the car.

"what the- clay!? this is kidnapping!" george yelled, before dream shoved him into the passenger side of the car, getting into the drivers side.

"clay? i didnt even ask my dad! its a school night! and its 7pm! are you crazy?! where are we going?" george yelled, once again, pulling his hand away from the others.

"do you ever shut up?"

"well you just kidnapped me from my own home, so, not right now."

dream sighed, he did have a point, "okay, one, call me dream. two, who cares what your dad says? three, i know. four, i know. five, yes. six, you'll have to wait and see."

george huffed, leaning back in the seat.

"whyd you take me?" he asked after a while.

"i felt like it."

"i thought that you hated me?"

"what? i dont hate you."

"mmm hmm..." george hummed, starring at the passing street lights.

"okay, were here. we need to be quick. you just sit pretty in the car." clay spoke quickly, winking at the brunette and getting out.

"w- huh?" george sat there, flustered at what dream called him.

pretty.

george scrunched his face up, shaking his head before noticing that they were in front of a random persons house.

dream suddenly ripped the back door open, shoving five signs in the back of it before getting in a taking off.

george looked to the back, focusing on the multiple political signs that dream stole.

"what the hell?!"

"im throwing these away."

"what? you cant just steal someones stuff, even if you dont agree with them."

"dont care. were going to seven eleven."

george sat there, shocked, as dream pulled into the gas station.

"want anything?"

"um... sure."

george got out of the car, following dream inside of the small convenient store.

dream grabbed his things, heading towards the door.

"hold on, you haven't payed."

dream was silent, looking around before responding, "i know."

"dream! your going to pay."

dream smiled slyly and slowly backed up towards the door, keeping eye contact with george.

"dream."

he took a step.

"clay."

he took another step.

"clay?!"

he took another step.

"CLAY!"

suddenly dream turned around and bolted towards the door, george freaked out as the whole store was now starring at him, he took $20 from his pocket, threw it on the ground, quickly followed behind dream.

"what the fuck!" george yells, slamming his head on the front console.

"hey! your gonna damage the car!" dream spoke, rubbing where george hit his head. "whats wrong?"

"you steal me at like 7pm, on a school night to go steal some signs. then you take me to a store and steal your- what? ice cream? THEN you make me almost steal! what if the police show up or-"

dream rolls his eyes, "calm down, the police aren't going to arrest you.

george stared at the older boy like he was stupid, "why? why wouldn't they. im a skinny white boy built like a lamppost! i won't survive in prison!"

"the police aren't coming, and if they did they won't arrest you because you have a clean record. your the son of the priest. you could probably kill someone and get away with it."

"just take me home, clay. please." george replied after a few moments, looking out the window.

"why are you suddenly so mad? i thought we were having fun! two bros hanging out!"

"this night literally goes against everything that i believe in." george sighs.

"and...?"

"and? clay! do you not understand the importance of-"

"whatever, im still gonna burn in hell so why not make the most of life?"

george stared at dream, dumbstruck.

"take me home now or ill never speak to you again."

"ok... geez. what crawled in your ass and died?"

this upset george even more, "what?! just take me home!"

"okay, okay princess. im sorry."

princess